Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If faith works how every religion says it works......
RE: If faith works how every religion says it works......
(August 14, 2010 at 4:31 pm)Peter44 Wrote:

from dictionary

And from Webster

1- Let's cherry pick our definitions so they suit our arguments.. This is tiresome. Taking a collective look at all of them it seems like subjective just means relative to an individual agents perceptions. It doesn't prevent individuals from having the same experience it's a frame of reference that's it. Allow me to illustrate, experience is subjective. You and 5 guys all experience a ball flying through the window.The guy in the bathroom doesn't. All material evidence (broken window, ball, etc.) is completely removed/repaired and the guy comes out of the bathroom. How do the 5 of you convince the one that a ball flew through the window? There is no physical objective evidence but all 5 of you saw the exact same thing. In the absence of physical material evidence subjective experience would be the only evidence, and likelihood should be judged based personal perception not pleading from either side. I think we can agree to that.I'm not desperate actually just tired, I've had all these arguments before.

2-With the first sentence I'll agree. However if you take the phrase "subjective evidence" it does exist as evidence because of the word "evidence". It's nature can be either subjective or objective, but you obviously can't see your denial on this. I think I'll have to readdress this after a few days because it seems we're going in circles.

3- I did answer it truthfully but you're sounding ridiculous. If you're the only person who sees a beautiful butterfly in the forest land on a tree and then fly off.. how in the hell could that be objective to anyone else without extras added to the mix. Wait let me beat you to it you can record it on film.. that's objective right? Then you have 2 evidences your objective evidence and the subjective experience of actually seeing it yourself.

4- I think it's obvious that I'm not attempting to ignore or deny anything, merely trying to reason to a common ground.
Bolding by me (I know this still won't get through)
Quote:Face up to the issues. You know as well as I do that agnostic atheists are not convinced in the existence of a God and atheists deny that existence.
That's a statement I can then agree to, meanwhile stop putting words in my mouth, and attempting to cherry pick definitions then regurgitate them to me like you're attempting to think for me too. The rest of the post seemed like someone in denial. As far as presenting evidence. I've done it several times on here and if you're that interested you can look it up. Every time I seem to post it the thread derail shortly after or all conversation seems to stop. I've done it 3 times I believe and really don't feel like going over it again. Especially from someone who's arguments seemed riddled with denial for stubbornness sake and appears devoid of any intellectual honesty.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Messages In This Thread
RE: If faith works how every religion says it works...... - by tackattack - August 14, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every person is religious Ahriman 289 13890 November 2, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: no one
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3999 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3324 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1289 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 992 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 11691 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5724 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 13716 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Every Apologetic Argument Ever YahwehIsTheWay 21 2801 December 1, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4571 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda