Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there?
(July 13, 2018 at 9:49 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 12:54 am)Godscreated Wrote: Seems you're full of words with no proof.

GC

As usual, you miss the point.

You made no point, saying that I can't see things has no meaning in this thread. I'm done with your silly play.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 4:35 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: if you can't prove there are contradictions then you haven't a leg to stand on and thus there is no contradictions.

GC

I'm sure this is a waste of keyboard ink but fuckit anyway.

Matthew 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. 

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Heli was Joseph's father-in law. Luke's genealogy was tracing back Mary's family tree and it was customary in those days to use the father-in-law as the grooms father to stay true to the genealogy of Mary's  family. you didn't waste ink if you learn what has been shown to you, if you deny it then you wasted more than ink. 

Quote:But it is very clear that not one of these sayings relates to Jesus; for he is not even from Judah. How could he be when according to you he was not born of Joseph but of the Holy Spirit? For though in your genealogies you trace Joseph back to Judah, you could not invent even this plausibly. For Matthew and Luke are refuted by the fact that they disagree concerning his genealogy. —Roman Emperor Flavius Claudius Julian, c. 361–363 CE

Succubus Wrote:Good old Julian, they weren't all fucking idiots in those days.

The roman emperor was not aware of the custom of using the bride's father as the father of the groom when tracing back the family tree of Mary. Women of that day were held in such low standing that even their genealogy was traced back using their husband's name. Seems strange to us in this day but was a normal and accepted action in those days.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 5:36 pm)Wololo Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: I studied with many different Christians that could run circles around any atheist, I've seen it.

Name one.  I know the kind of christians you "study" with, they couldn't, collectively, rival the intellectual rigour and depth of a dead goldfish.

Well let's see my pastor for one who was a nuclear engineer before being call to the ministry. He's wife who was considered by her peers as an excellent teacher in the public school system. The only one i know who couldn't match a dead gold fish would be you, you've never brought an intelligent post before me ever.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 2:05 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: That's a joke and you know it. I know some Christians know little about the Bible but all Christians realize the truth of scripture. I studied with many different Christians that could run circles around any atheist, I've seen it.
-and yet, you cant.  How did that happen?  Maybe you should bring them here to talk for you..so that your shitmouth doesn;t get in the way?  It;s important, after all.  Your imaginary friend is gonna burn us if we don;t believe.  It would be a shame if you were the reason people failed to have faith...don;t you think?

I've given the account of salvation through Jesus Christ all I'm required to do as a Christian witnessing to others. The Holy Spirit convicts and then it falls squarely on your shoulders as to what you do with it. Trying to blame me for your eternal destination want hold water ever. No one here to date has shown they know more about the scriptures than I do. I'm not saying I'm a scholar, but I do have the One who wrote the Bible through man, gives me a great edge.

GC

(July 13, 2018 at 3:03 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(July 13, 2018 at 1:07 am)Godscreated Wrote: There is nothing wrong with the Bible it is the perfect spiritual book for those who want to live with God forever.

GC

Except even according to Bible you won't live forever with god when you die because Heaven will perish Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

wah wah

Grow up and then read and study the Bible so you can at the least not embarrass yourself, what a dork.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genesis interpretations - how many are there? - by Godscreated - July 14, 2018 at 12:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 10170 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 21002 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5416 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 70898 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 31758 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3813 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 5075 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18687 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3288 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 1985 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue