Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The source of all evil
The source of all evil
[Image: Books.jpg]

Reading is the basis of civilisation. And of misery.
RE: The source of all evil
thought it was going to be shit, bit i laughed. Smile
The mentality of devout theists is an endless source of amusement and concern whenever they invoke the fallacious "God is always right even when he is wrong" argument.
I don't understand this thread. Thinking

Oh, the cartoon didn't show up at first. Nevermind.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Priceless!
How true..

But what about economy?
So, your point is...We ban the bible?
And prosecute christians according to laws against something?
Besides, I fail to see how one can actually compare the bible to Mein Kampf, since a portion of Mein Kampf actually criticizes the bible for being too pro-jewish.
Consequently, Martin Luther however points out to some clever verses that makes even the OT not in favour of the jews.
I believe that not even their prophets actually liked the Jews, and therefore, neither does God.
So it is now somewhat comparable to Mein Kampf, but it's due to their devotion to Judaism that got the Jews in trouble in the first place, so it's really a mindblowing thing, you know.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
As usual the point evades you Mehmet.
(December 26, 2011 at 8:30 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: So, your point is...We ban the bible?

I think you misrepresented the point.
(December 26, 2011 at 8:49 am)Blam! Wrote:
(December 26, 2011 at 8:30 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: So, your point is...We ban the bible?

I think you misrepresented the point.

I see the other point aswell, but it doesn't make much for a discussion of sorts.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2352 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Do people make evil? Interaktive 7 711 August 8, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Atheism, Gnosticism & the Problem of Evil Seax 86 5854 April 7, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  [Serious] Good vs Evil Losty 84 10265 March 8, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2565 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Why some humans are so evil: double standards and irreligion WinterHold 124 20353 January 28, 2018 at 5:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15562 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The forces of good and evil are related Foxaèr 11 3561 October 2, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The Problem of Evil combined with the problem of Free Will Aroura 163 45712 June 5, 2017 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Drich
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20826 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis