Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
View from up my end: New Church crisis looming
View from up my end: New Church crisis looming
You'd better all brace yourselves for a shock.

I just learned some terrible news in one of our local newspapers. Churches across the region, under the auspices of the Diocese of Lichfield, are warning of a terrifying new crisis ahead. Forget same-sex marriage, never mind about rampant godlessness in our nation, pay no attention to the kiddy-fiddling priest behind the curtain. This pisses all over that stuff.

Ready?

We're facing a chronic shortage of vicars.

Apparently a lack of funding and sheer public indifference could spell the end for the parish vicar. At one time these happy little creatures with their distinctive white-throated plumage could be seen nesting in old churches all over the area. Now, alas, their place on the endangered list seems inevitable, with some 40% of the species set to retire over the next eight years and little in the way of young to replace them.

Now, you may be thinking "So what?" or "Good riddance", or even possibly "So where's the problem?" - I know I did. But all these harmless little parasites want to do is to be left alone to live their lives and to tell everyone else how to live theirs. So please, spare a thought for the humble little parish vicar. You know they'd think of you.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: View from up my end: New Church crisis looming
(March 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm)Stimbo Wrote: You'd better all brace yourselves for a shock.

I just learned some terrible news in one of our local newspapers. Churches across the region, under the auspices of the Diocese of Lichfield, are warning of a terrifying new crisis ahead. Forget same-sex marriage, never mind about rampant godlessness in our nation, pay no attention to the kiddy-fiddling priest behind the curtain. This pisses all over that stuff.

Ready?

We're facing a chronic shortage of vicars.

Apparently a lack of funding and sheer public indifference could spell the end for the parish vicar. At one time these happy little creatures with their distinctive white-throated plumage could be seen nesting in old churches all over the area. Now, alas, their place on the endangered list seems inevitable, with some 40% of the species set to retire over the next eight years and little in the way of young to replace them.

Now, you may be thinking "So what?" or "Good riddance", or even possibly "So where's the problem?" - I know I did. But all these harmless little parasites want to do is to be left alone to live their lives and to tell everyone else how to live theirs. So please, spare a thought for the humble little parish vicar. You know they'd think of you.

Here's my spared thought.

Clap ClapClap Clap
Cheers!Cheers!
ClapClapClap
GreatGreat
Party Time

At least the catholics have an advantage there.

They can always recruit new priests in gay bars.
Mega Catholic country Spain has to import priests from South America because no one wants to do it. Suprise.
(March 21, 2012 at 4:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: At least the catholics have an advantage there.

They can always recruit new priests in gay bars.

Min, I really take issue with what you posted here. Catholic priests aren't homosexuals. They're pedophiles. They don't have sex with other men, they have sex with children. There is a difference.

The Catholic church has had a priest shortage for years, at least 25 years or so, probably longer. They could probably get more people interested if they'd just allow women to be priests, and allow priests to get married. And get rid of the funny robes. But the priest shortage is in my opinion why the church instead of removing the pedophile priests from duty passed them around from church to church and covered up the problem. Why get rid of a good priest just because he wanted to diddle a few kids? Priests don't grow on trees, you know.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
It's the altar BOYS who always seem to catch hell.... perhaps they are both?
Heartbroken. No, really.

ROFLOL

[Image: 533997_10150696212057460_696402459_93336...9774_a.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
You people are all so fucking simple.

Who gives a shit about pedo vicars?

I see a next revolution cumming,... though it will still be many years.

Abuse by Iman's and other Islamic religious leaders. Seriously,... Imans are like living Saints and untouchable in the eyes of their followers. Imans are the personification of the words written down in that book you are only allowed to burn under xtreem circumstances not being your backyard BBQ,... named Quran.

So all you guys have been CONSUMING Catholic Church abuse in the media,.. you curse at these pedo Prietsts and Vicars ... RIGHTLY SO !

.... and at not one time you thought to yourself ... This kinda stuff may possibly also be happening in the Islamic world too !!!

COME ON !

The best way to secure you will live, being not get stoned to death,... when you are are pedophile in the Islamic world,... is to have a religious job of power.

It is already known to many UN organisations that females that get arrested by the Islamic Vice Squad in Iran, get raped alot,... but that the women dare not to speak out,... for the pure fear they will get seen as a whore within their own family,... and get killed for even accusing these ppl of these acts. And that is just Iran we are talking about.

So ...

How do you think it would be for a child in the Islamic World ... when facing a pedophile Islamic leader-Iman.

They have no change!
"Ha, you did not read the Bible,... untill you do it is pointless to talk to you!"... How many Christians or Muslims or whatever do you know ... have studied Atheism, and actually know what it means? True,... knowledge is better... BUT you attack THEM on the knowledge THEY lack about you. That is how you win.
I suggest standing on a box. That way you're less likely to have irony, not to mention subtlety, fly right over your head.

(March 24, 2012 at 1:58 am)SaintGeorge Wrote: So all you guys have been CONSUMING Catholic Church abuse in the media,.. you curse at these pedo Prietsts and Vicars ... RIGHTLY SO !

.... and at not one time you thought to yourself ... This kinda stuff may possibly also be happening in the Islamic world too !!!

Ignoring for the moment that this has nothing to do with the thread, though to be fair there has been mention further back, please don't tell me what I do or do not think. Otherwise I'm going to think you're an arrogant arsehole, aren't I? And we wouldn't want that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7635 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I dreamt that when you die, you end up flying in darkness. But in the midst of it Edge92 27 1624 June 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 12201 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1389 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 599 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Thumbs Down END TIMES COMPENDIUM IAOALGIV 111 23955 August 23, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 14035 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Theists: would you view the truth? robvalue 154 17996 December 25, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Duggar Fuctards Can't Wait For The End of the World Minimalist 55 10363 October 13, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  End Poverty with Vocations?! TrueChristian 14 4688 January 20, 2016 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb