Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Hate
Pet Hate
The two things which really bug me just now are people talking about Nostrudamus like he is some kind of prophet (he had a 5% success rate and that is when you look at the poems VERY liberally) and people talking about the world ending in 2012. The 2012 one is a great announce. Does anyone else think the statement 'the world is going to end' is a little vague? I mean how is it going to end? Is the world going to disappear or is it just the human race which has had it (and in that case it is a false statement-it should read 'the human race is going to end. Humans are so arrogant.)

Anyone else got a pet peve?
RE: Pet Hate
People who think ghosts and poltergeists are real?

Actually I'll tell you what really irritates me ... conspiracy theorists!

Also people being messy [expletive deleted]'s in the kitchen at work ... I mean what is it with people who probably would wash up at home, treating the cleaners like they are utter menials and throwing every piece of unwashed sh** in the sink? The cleaners aren'/t even primarily employed to wash up after us, they (the company) supply dishwashers fer [expletive deleted]'s sake! It just makes us look like animals! Bugs the hell outta me!

How many pet peeves are we allowed?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Kyu, everything allright man? I sense some self-censorship in your wording.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Hmmm......people who you can't even have a normal conversation with because they get fucking offended by everything under the sun!

People who think disagreement itself means it must be a 'nasty argument'...those who can't accept the fact people have different view points and disagreements are pretty much inevitable at some time or other. And it's something to live with not something to wear a blind fold, plug your ears in, completely ignore and pretend it just doesn't ever happen and shouldn't ever ever ever!

Those who can't tell the difference between when a belief, opinion or statement in general is insulted and an ad hom!

These 3 all kind of tie in...

Oh... last of all: Sometimes it also pisses me off when someone won't be your friend (or friendly with you at least) unless you're slagging off their enemies with them.... when perhaps you're not actually prepared to do that because you're (perhaps) more tolerant than they are (or whatever) - and you're not just going to insincerely conform with them to 'make friends' and slag off their enemies when you don't actually have a problem with their 'enemies'.

But rather than pissed off, that last one just makes me feel a bit disappointed I'd say, like: "It's a shame some people won't accept you unless you hate their enemies and join in on the 'slagging off'."

I'm just not like that...I'm not one to bitch.

I mean it's just hard not to pity such (relatively common!) narrow mindedness sometimes methinks (well, for me anyway then).

EvF
(July 9, 2009 at 4:18 pm)Purple Rabbit Wrote: Kyu, everything allright man? I sense some self-censorship in your wording.

I'm fine mate ... trying to curb the worst of my excessesConfusedhock:

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
In addition to Sean Hannity, Fox News, and the GOP in general, what grinds my gears....People who cut me off in traffic. At that point I will use the N word or if it is a female, the C word.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Threads about pet peeves are my pet peeve.[Image: angry.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
People who use cell phones loudly in public, as if everyone else finds their stultifying little lives as fascinating as they.

People who drive their 4x4 within city limits..

I think we should be allowed to kill both types. ( we'd often get a two-for-one) Devil
(July 9, 2009 at 3:37 pm)dagda Wrote: The 2012 one is a great announce. Does anyone else think the statement 'the world is going to end' is a little vague? I mean how is it going to end? Is the world going to disappear? Or is it just the human race which has had it?

From my understanding of the whole 2012 thing, what they mean (and often say) is that the world "as we know it" is going to end. They allude to some kind of wholesale metaphysical shift to reality. What that will look like, who will survive it and in what condition, they don't really specify. They roundly agree on the date and there is extensive consensus on the paradigm shift; beyond that the speculations are rather diverse. But in all my reading on the 2012 thing, I have never encountered the suggestion that the world is going to end in the sense of "ceasing to exist" or suffering catastrophic destruction, etc. There are people who think we're going to get slammed by another asteroid impact, on a scale similar to what left the Chicxulub crater, but they are not associated with Mayan eschatology; plus they speculate dates like 2028 and such.

Apocalyptic zeal is unnerving.

As for my pet peeves? Man, I've got like a thousand. People piss me off.
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
(July 9, 2009 at 6:34 pm)LEDO Wrote: People who cut me off in traffic.

And people who jump traffic queues following hot on the tails of emergency vehicles. Wow that's annoying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5563 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7291 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Statistics, the perfect weapon to justify hate? Ferrocyanide 12 1547 December 21, 2020 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2615 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheist hate having to constantly repeat this.... Brian37 33 6740 October 16, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I Hate Presup Amarok 4 2148 February 10, 2017 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Book suggestion: "God Hates You, Hate Him Back" drfuzzy 8 2833 June 28, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4427 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 6253 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  what kind of pet food do you like? Rico 15 3265 July 19, 2015 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: ignoramus