Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 12:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally, I can agree with the ChiComms
Finally, I can agree with the ChiComms
China's People's Daily launches attack on The New York Times

The mouthpiece newspaper of China's Communist Party has launched a blistering attack on The New York Times, accusing it of "faking" and "distorting" news and being a government "propaganda tool".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...Times.html
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
RE: Finally, I can agree with the ChiComms
Of course, yes, the same paper that published the Pentagon Papers (link) is a government propaganda vehicle.

You tool.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
This from a guy who thinks FIX NEWS is "fair and balanced."

Keep up your alliance with the Red Chinese, Tino. Very appropriate.
(October 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm)Tino Wrote: China's People's Daily launches attack on The New York Times

The mouthpiece newspaper of China's Communist Party has launched a blistering attack on The New York Times, accusing it of "faking" and "distorting" news and being a government "propaganda tool".

Wait a minute...is this a joke? A government propaganda newspaper accusing another newspaper of being government propaganda?
I think tino is just pointing out that they actually made a correct statement for once that wasn't bullshit.

I may put some ugly words down, but never are they directed towards others. It's really sad seeing people call eachother tool, imbecile, cunt, dumbass, fag, nazi, ect.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
LOL, oh come'on bud, you might sling a little mud here and there. Tino thinks that the NYT is a tool, Moros thinks that Tino is a tool. I think that the NYT and Tino will both be just fine, regardless of who thinks they are tools.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Desperation for confirmation of belief makes strange bedfellows.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm)Tino Wrote: China's People's Daily launches attack on The New York Times

Actually, NYT in its foreign reporting has been a bit of a tool for the left, the more orthrodox marxist, wing of CCP since the 1940s. Early CCP assiduously cultivated channels to some NYT foreign correspondents, giving NYT more access into the hermit kingdom behind the bamboo curtain than is afforded other mainstream western press. In return NYT often reported on communist china in a less ideologically harsh light than was common during the jingoistic McCarthy days.

The current conflict came about in part because currently the Chinese communist party is dominated by what might be termed rightwingers, the fraction in favor of social and economic liberalization, and despises the orthrodox Marxist and Maoist approaches. There is currently a brutal behind the scene struggle in which the right wing fraction of the communist party effectively executed a take down of the champion of the left wing, a man named Bo Xilai. In retaliation, the left wing leaked information to NYT implicating the right wing premier Wen Jiabo. The NYT ran a prominent piece on how corrupt the pro-market premier is alleged to be.

So the communist mouth piece, dominated by the rightwingers economic reformers, struck back against NYTs.
(October 29, 2012 at 10:04 pm)Chuck Wrote:

Actually, NYT in its foreign reporting has been a bit of a tool for the left, the more orthrodox marxist, wing of CCP since the 1940s. Early CCP assiduously cultivated channels to some NYT foreign correspondents, giving NYT more access into the hermit kingdom behind the bamboo curtain than is afforded other mainstream western press. In return NYT often reported on communist china in a less ideologically harsh light than was common during the jingoistic McCarthy days.

The current conflict came about in part because currently the Chinese communist party is dominated by what might be termed rightwingers, the fraction in favor of social and economic liberalization, and despises the orthrodox Marxist and Maoist approaches. There is currently a brutal behind the scene struggle in which the right wing fraction of the communist party effectively executed a take down of the champion of the left wing, a man named Bo Xilai. In retaliation, the left wing leaked information to NYT implicating the right wing premier Wen Jiabo. The NYT ran a prominent piece on how corrupt the pro-market premier is alleged to be.

So the communist mouth piece, dominated by the rightwingers economic reformers, struck back against NYTs.

Well explained, thanks Chuck.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Trump finally acknowledges a death... arewethereyet 68 4411 September 27, 2020 at 6:58 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 2028 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Biden finally jumps in.... Brian37 55 4484 May 25, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  He's finally behind bars.... Joods 0 316 September 20, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  I've finally figured out what's with this wall thing. Gawdzilla Sama 18 2093 August 1, 2018 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saudi Arabia: how did the U.K agree to sign weapon deals with it? WinterHold 6 1123 March 12, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Finally Fox [Faux] News is being called out for their shit NuclearEnergy 3 1493 December 16, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Do you agree or disagree with this phrase about those who serve in the Millitary? NuclearEnergy 33 4440 October 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Can Republicans finally just admit that they hate black people NuclearEnergy 7 1987 July 10, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Trump supporters pretend to be so shocked people don't agree with them NuclearEnergy 4 1957 June 17, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist