Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I hate Religion
Why I hate Religion
(First off this rant is not aimed at anybody, and secondly this is not about a God/dess or God/desses is about their followers in general)

I had to get this off my chest, it's been brewing for a while.
The reasons why I hate religion are:
1. Religious arrogance:

2. Religious stubbornness:

3. Religious intolerance:

4. Religious indoctrination:

5. Religious claims:

6. Religious greed: This section is more about the leaders than the followers or doctrines or the more humble preachers (or equivalent) who pay that money back into the community.

Last but not least
7. Religious stupidity: This really rattles me.

ok rant over, I hide the sections so you did not get a wall of text as I is quite a long rant. Like I said before this is not about a deity (something for a whole other rant) this is about religions in general and some of these may or may not apply to all of them. This is my view/critic on religion as a whole and on the human side and this is nothing personal so only some may or not apply to you but don't worry it's not a personal attack (I thought I would say that again before somebody take it the wrong way). And if you feel insulted then consider this as emotional barren training, for when you have to face something like this in the future. And again please don't take it personally, This is me vent my frustration with this world.

Also before Either side starts, this in not based on any facts or educational value, this is me venting and I have done 0 research for this. so don't call me on any facts however if you do want to add some education value feel free, just don't have a go at me for venting.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Why I hate Religion
If you hate religion, and evolution played a role in producing religion, do you also hate evolution?
(November 13, 2012 at 5:10 pm)John V Wrote: If you hate religion, and evolution played a role in producing religion, do you also hate evolution?

You can't be serious. Using your logic I must hate my aunt, whom I adore, because I despise my cousin.

Needs more funny pictures of cats.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 13, 2012 at 5:15 pm)cato123 Wrote: You can't be serious.
You're right, I'm not.
Quote:Using your logic I must hate my aunt, whom I adore, because I despise my cousin.
It's logic used by some atheists here. I wanted to see the reaction if I used it.
(November 13, 2012 at 5:10 pm)John V Wrote: If you hate religion, and evolution played a role in producing religion, do you also hate evolution?
How can I hate a process that occur naturally? Besides I am having a go at religions how they are not how they started, I believe religions started off with good intentions that have evolved into the corrupt, money driven, backwards religions today. For the most past as not all religions and sect of religion are the same so I am not talking about a particular one, I am talking about them in general, obviously some are better than others but some of them are really not doing the rest of the religions any favors at all.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(November 13, 2012 at 5:24 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: How can I hate a process that occur naturally?
Pretty easily. Cancer for instance. Naturally occuring, easy to hate.
(November 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm)John V Wrote:
(November 13, 2012 at 5:24 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: How can I hate a process that occur naturally?
Pretty easily. Cancer for instance. Naturally occuring, easy to hate.
You did not just say that.
[Image: 300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg]
Cancer is not a process, it's a part of the natural process of evolution were is causing a bad mutation and it goes haywire, infecting everything around it.
Its like saying you hate a loan company because you did not qualify for a loan, under that loan application process.
Why i hate religion ?

Mr Tyson gives it in a nutshell, religion is responsible for retarded societies ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oxTMUTOz0w
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais
(November 13, 2012 at 5:21 pm)apophenia Wrote: Needs more funny pictures of cats.

[Image: 1vdEO.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 972 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  hate WinterHold 11 1430 November 21, 2019 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10907 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 25757 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  What I love, What I hate, What I want, What I believe. WinterHold 9 1631 July 18, 2016 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Why They Hate Us brewer 1 819 June 6, 2016 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4163 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10745 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4911 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19833 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon