Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists have better sex
Atheists have better sex
My best friend was brought up in a religious Mormon household (and is now an Atheist), she has 5 sisters, some of whom have left the Church and some of whom are still Mormon. She told me recently that one of her still-Mormon sisters confessed to her that she despised having sex with her husband. Despite this the girl is likely to remain married to the man her whole life because of the doctrines of the Church.

This got me thinking, Atheists almost assuredly have better sex than Christians, simply because they are far more likely to have researched sex and far more likely to talk about sex with their partners. They are also more likely to be sexually experimental and to be open to what the other people need or want. Atheist women are more likely to be assertive about their own needs, which leads to better sex altogether. What do you guys think, do Atheists have better sex?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Atheists have better sex
I agree atheist are probably less hypocrite about sex, but isn't good sex a little subjective?
Subjective opinion: yes. Holy fuck yes.

Atheist men have been WAY better and more willing to discuss things (and atheist nerd men nerd out about sex in a superior way).

That said, some people who are atheist can't get over the almost ingrained sexual shame or prudery, so it's really an individual problem.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(December 15, 2012 at 10:41 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: I agree atheist are probably less hypocrite about sex, but isn't good sex a little subjective?

Yeah, maybe Christians enjoy boring sex more.
It would certainly be an interesting study. I wonder if anyone has done it yet?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
?

A individuals sexuality is influenced by many factors and since atheism has no doctrin, jet alone a doctrin on sex, I wouldn`t doubt that there are atheists out there who have shit sexlifes.
(December 15, 2012 at 11:44 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: ?

A individuals sexuality is influenced by many factors and since atheism has no doctrin, jet alone a doctrin on sex, I wouldn`t doubt that there are atheists out there who have shit sexlifes.

Might not be entirely true. Many religions have dogmas that can cause a lot of problems with their followers sex lives. I mean, what do you think it's like being gay and coming from a religion that tells you being gay is a sin? Or even if you're straight but you like to engage in sexual activities that the church looks down on? Like Catholics who use birth control?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(December 15, 2012 at 11:44 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: ?

That's exactly the point I was making actually, is that Atheists have no doctrine on sex. If there is one thing that having a closed or open mind about is going to really going affect, it's sex. Also that some Atheists undoubtedly have shitty sex lives doesn't at all affect the general trend of large groups. Some Atheists don't like gay people, it's a very small minority compared to how many Muslims do. That doesn't mean we can't say Atheists are more tolerant of gays than Muslims.

Speaking of which, the number of repressed Christian and Muslim gays who are having shitty sex with people they aren't even attracted to would be a big contributing factor in all that bad religious sex going on.
Fact is if a person really enjoys sex , they will have it how they want It, even if they are religious. My brother is a great example lol, although he is not religious anymore so that may speak volumes, idk.

I would agree though, that a religious person who has one mate will almost surely suck at delivering orgasms unless his mate is a nympho. But that couple still has the possibility of a good sex life. Someone else who has no religious restraints to have more than one mate in ones life will have More experience and therefore probably better at sex.

To be good at something typically requires practice right? Like sports. So if I have had plenty of practice and I'm good then I turn to religion, am I not still good and wouldn't I satisfy my wife?
Depends on what religion you turn to. You could turn to one with strictures on sex. Also, it's not just practice at the mechanics of sex, but being able to communicate with any and all of your partners that makes you really good at what you do. I don't give a stellar blowjob because I've got a lot of practice bobbing my head up and down - it's because I pay attention to every minute thing I can possible pay attention to about my guy leading up to and during it, as well as asking questions.

And many old-fashioned people or people with vague religious inclinations have a problem talking about sex.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism? vulcanlogician 147 7397 April 5, 2022 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2564 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10308 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Atheists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 56 7262 November 18, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  I am better than God! chimp3 24 4611 September 26, 2016 at 8:53 am
Last Post: brewer
  Lust, sex, random thought PETE_ROSE 295 29921 August 23, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians orangedude 14 1900 April 27, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Atheists Have the Most Logical Reason for being Moral Rhondazvous 24 7264 January 22, 2016 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Lets talk about sex. loganonekenobi 56 10084 September 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Gay teen forced to sex his mother Foxaèr 56 17410 June 9, 2015 at 10:21 am
Last Post: comet