Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How old were you when you became athiest?
How old were you when you became athiest?
I was raised Christian, but I remember asking a lot of questions and having some doubts when I was about 8... Why did all the biblical stories stop? Why doesn't god do magical things that prove he exists today?

I then logically concluded at age 11 that there probably isn't a god, and then I came to a realization that there is no afterlife and I was going to rot in a hole in the ground after I die and that was it. This was very scary for me but I got over it...

Next thing I remember is being 12 and my friends I would all make fun of religion, we would talk about how stupid the stories in the bible are how ridiculous the whole concept is.

I don't consider myself a smart person, by any means... But I had no Richard dawkins growing up, I was raised to believe that god exists and I rejected the idea on my own when I was 11!! I don't understand how full grown adults can believe this stuff, not to mention politicians!? People who run my country, and others, I just don't get it!

Anywho, this made me curious. How old were you fellow athiests, when you saw the truth?
RE: How old were you when you became athiest?

Adding characters for the sake of adding characters. Damn you, Tiberius, and your spammer traps.
This fella was an atheist fresh fae the womb.
Cunt
Welcome Smile

I never really got brought up in a way that involved religion. No deconversion for me. Although I was absolutely terrified of ghosts and aliens once upon a time. I had a pretty strange imagination.

udhfsuhfsdgf
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this had already been discussed so much. My searches did come up with anything but then I viewed a few topics and saw that it had. I think thats what you are all trying to say ???
I'm saying I became an atheist when I was 0. I was born not believing any of the god claims were true and it has been that way forever.
Interesting. Do you ever remember considering them true, even at a young age? Did you have any religious influences?
(January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm)iameatingjam Wrote: Interesting. Do you ever remember considering them true, even at a young age? Did you have any religious influences?

Do you remember birth? Thinking
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
obviously. how else would I know it happened?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3099 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Suck it, Your an Athiest. Goosebump 5 915 February 19, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5085 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1519 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If there were no atheists? Graufreud 24 4077 July 20, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What were your first questions? Sayetsu 51 7565 March 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Athiest with children? Jesus Cristo 69 12734 October 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  If christianity were true [hypothetical] dyresand 27 3723 June 17, 2016 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you think you'd still be a believer if the bible were more pleasant/accurate? Cecelia 53 6846 May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
Question If you were ever a theist... *Deidre* 347 48101 January 12, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*