Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do christians ever convert to islam?
Why do christians ever convert to islam?
As far as i can tell the punishment for shirk in islam is hell, forever, and will not be forgiven by allah.
Also that christianity is a form of shirk.
This being the case why would any christian convert to islam? Surely for a christian realizing the quran is the ultimate truth it would be a pretty depressing time, you just realized you're definitely going to hell forever.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Why do christians ever convert to islam?
Because they are fucking stupid?

Just a guess.
Is there such a word as "irrationalization?" Like so many theists, they take comfort in bed of ignorance, they don't really want to know or understand what their god has said. They cherish their "seeing things through a glass darkly" and bank all of their hope on a fair and "just" god who will love and save them despite their shortcomings.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(February 27, 2013 at 10:30 pm)paulpablo Wrote: As far as i can tell the punishment for shirk in islam is hell, forever, and will not be forgiven by allah.
This being the case why would any christian convert to islam? Surely for a christian realizing the quran is the ultimate truth it would be a pretty depressing time, you just realized you're definitely going to hell forever.
That doesn't make any sense, if a Christian converts to Islam they will have all their previous sins forgiven, including the sin of shirk.
Desire to fuck donkeys and 9 year old children?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(February 27, 2013 at 10:30 pm)paulpablo Wrote: As far as i can tell the punishment for shirk in islam is hell, forever, and will not be forgiven by allah.

Because to the idiotic hopeful the grass would seem greener on the other side even if the other is a sulfurous wasteland?
(February 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm)mo66 Wrote:
That doesn't make any sense, if a Christian converts to Islam they will have all their previous sins forgiven, including the sin of shirk.
yeh you're right, someone already answered this for me though on another forum. I still think its a bit of a harsh punishment for muslims to give christians since the religions are so similar to each other, it means that stalin actually has a higher chance of going to heaven than the local village priest.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Both traditions claim there is only one god. Muslims will claim that the christian god is Allah.
So perhaps the reason some christians convert to islam is because they like to be policed by a stronger motive.

[Image: white-cloud-emoticon6.gif?1292330538]
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous
(February 28, 2013 at 7:33 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(February 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm)mo66 Wrote: That doesn't make any sense, if a Christian converts to Islam they will have all their previous sins forgiven, including the sin of shirk.
yeh you're right, someone already answered this for me though on another forum. I still think its a bit of a harsh punishment for muslims to give christians since the religions are so similar to each other, it means that stalin actually has a higher chance of going to heaven than the local village priest.
If Stalin died as an Atheist, he has no chance of going to heaven at all. Christians have a better chance.
Stalin had a personality cult much like your Muhammad
I did find this interesting though.

wiki Wrote:Religion
Main article: Religion in the Soviet Union
Raised in the Georgian Orthodox faith, Stalin became an atheist. He followed the position adopted by Lenin that religion was an opiate that needed to be removed in order to construct the ideal communist society. His government promoted atheism through special atheistic education in schools, anti-religious propaganda, the antireligious work of public institutions (Society of the Godless), discriminatory laws, and a terror campaign against religious believers. By the late 1930s it had become dangerous to be publicly associated with religion.[95]
Stalin's role in the fortunes of the Russian Orthodox Church is complex. Continuous persecution in the 1930s resulted in its near-extinction as a public institution: by 1939, active parishes numbered in the low hundreds (down from 54,000 in 1917), many churches had been leveled, and tens of thousands of priests, monks and nuns were persecuted and killed. Over 100,000 were shot during the purges of 1937–1938.[96][97] During World War II, the Church was allowed a revival as a patriotic organization, and thousands of parishes were reactivated until a further round of suppression during Khrushchev's rule. The Russian Orthodox Church Synod's recognition of the Soviet government and of Stalin personally led to a schism with the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia.
Just days before Stalin's death, certain religious sects were outlawed and persecuted. Many religions popular in ethnic regions of the Soviet Union, including the Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Catholic Churches, Baptists, Islam, Buddhism, and Judaism underwent ordeals similar to that which the Orthodox churches in other parts of the country suffered: thousands of monks were persecuted, and hundreds of churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, sacred monuments, monasteries and other religious buildings were razed. Stalin had a different policy outside the Soviet Union; he supported the Communist Uyghur Muslim separatists under Ehmetjan Qasim in the Ili Rebellion against the Anti Communist Republic of China regime. He supplied weapons to the Uyghur Ili army and Red Army support against Chinese forces, and helped them establish the Second East Turkestan Republic of which Islam was the official state religion.

Full wiki entry :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 7265 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Convert me if you can DeistPaladin 152 50262 August 12, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7733 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13574 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  This is why islam is vomitously evil. Brakeman 41 4892 January 21, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Why do Atheists defend Islam? Mechaghostman2 260 39491 January 15, 2016 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Dasboot
  Guy at my school trying to convert me to Islam. How do i respond? comed 48 7514 November 14, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  Why homosexuality is forbidden in islam huss88ein 133 16150 July 20, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Why are so many people afraid to attack Islam? hilary 16 4384 July 20, 2015 at 8:47 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5424 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut