Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pope for a day
Pope for a day
if you could be the catholic pope for 24 hours what would you do?
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: Pope for a day
Destroy Christianity... if the Pope has the power to do that...

At the very least, I'd help cure some of the disease Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I'd promote condoms. Whoo hoo!

EvF
Declare the entire book metaphoric.
(September 11, 2009 at 7:40 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I'd promote condoms. Whoo hoo!

EvF

Haha nice.
Yeah, I'd go pro-choice too. And pro-gay marriage. And then I'd announce that "Jesus was a really fun loving guy! I prefer to think of the Bible as a bunch incredibly vague guidelines, in a quite casual and fun-loving way. Now where's that vodka? *hic*".

EvF
Declare myself a god and become the new religion
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(September 11, 2009 at 9:48 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Yeah, I'd go pro-choice too. And pro-gay marriage. And then I'd announce that "Jesus was a really fun loving guy! I prefer to think of the Bible as a bunch incredibly vague guidelines, in a quite casual and fun-loving way. Now where's that vodka? *hic*".

EvF

Hahahaha! Good one!

If I were a pope for a day, I'd take that big-ass diamond on my staff and sell it on eBay. Then I'd take the money and give it away to charities personally. Why would I need such a big diamond while preaching that we should share gods gifts when I have a damn big one on my stick but don't share it right? Big Grin
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 11, 2009 at 7:30 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: if you could be the catholic pope for 24 hours what would you do?

Tell the world that the infallibility of the bible rests on grounds of internal consistency and that any text which fails must be false

waitThinking
I'd tell the world to wake up!
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
I'd put an end to the Catholic church then put all the pedophile priests to death.
binnyCoffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1278 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3317 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1318 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2119 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2232 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3548 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9705 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4773 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7412 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5444 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus