Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the pope such a big deal?
Why is the pope such a big deal?
I have wondered for a while why the pope is being worshipped in the way that he does, He is but a mortal man elected by fellow priests and holy men. What makes him so special? I know this is more like a question that a statement ( like alot of threads i have seen ) But i coulden't keep myself from asking.

I mean i would understand why he ment so much if he was elected by god himself in such a manner that not only catholic people (of course others aswell but trying to keep this simple)
would care. Like if a baby were born with a birthmark shaped like a cross or somthing. Or a man grew a angel halo. But that is not the case and i wonder why so much drama and news coverage?

I'm hoping someone can help me, and answer this question and feel free to be picky about my statements surrounding the pope and such if you felt somthing i said were completly wrong or somthing.

Thank you
RE: Why is the pope such a big deal?
Because there are a billion stupid-ass catholics in the world who fall for any line of shit the church puts out.
(August 10, 2013 at 6:02 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Because there are a billion stupid-ass catholics in the world who fall for any line of shit the church puts out.

yes some would call them stupid but really in most cases it all comes down to how you were raised. With a free mind or strong religeous parents.
( note in MOST cases )
It's all about the ca$h my friend. The catholic church is a huge cash cow, and they need a mob boss (a.k.a. the poop).
(August 10, 2013 at 6:15 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: It's all about the ca$h my friend. The catholic church is a huge cash cow, and they need a mob boss (a.k.a. the poop).

yes cash has always had a firm place in most religions but why do people buy it? ( the theory ofc ) And what is so special about this old man with a funny hat? The only thing i can think of is the fact that some other old men said he was special.

love your pic btw
(August 10, 2013 at 6:19 pm)Science it works Wrote: love your pic btw

Thanks, yours aint' so bad either. Though if you take a red and white cap it may wipe that scowl off of your face. Tongue
I have as much power as the Pope. There's just a lot less people who believe it.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

And the hat.

[Image: 1352974452731.jpg]

You don't have the cool fucking pope hat.
(August 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm)Science it works Wrote: I have wondered for a while why the pope is being worshipped in the way that he does, He is but a mortal man elected by fellow priests and holy men. What makes him so special? I know this is more like a question that a statement ( like alot of threads i have seen ) But i coulden't keep myself from asking.

I mean i would understand why he ment so much if he was elected by god himself in such a manner that not only catholic people (of course others aswell but trying to keep this simple)
would care. Like if a baby were born with a birthmark shaped like a cross or somthing. Or a man grew a angel halo. But that is not the case and i wonder why so much drama and news coverage?

I'm hoping someone can help me, and answer this question and feel free to be picky about my statements surrounding the pope and such if you felt somthing i said were completly wrong or somthing.

Thank you

Because humans are stupid. They prefer leadership on par with pro wrestling rather than consent. Consent requires question, drama only requires bullshit and makes for great Jerry Springer episodes, but unless you are the ring leader it sucks.
This Pope seems to be a big hit since he has revived the business of granting indulgences.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1312 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3434 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1371 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2157 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2269 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3644 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9825 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4859 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7529 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5535 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus