Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christ's birthday
Christ's birthday
Please excuse my post if this topic already came up in the AF. (I've done a search and nothing came up...)

Soooooo, did you know that the 25 December is not the actual birth date of the fictional Jesus? Wink Shades

Check out this link: http://www.sashafenton.com/FEATURES/Tale...___17.html

I don't know how much more I can takePanic First it was Santa, then the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and lately Jesus. I'm just waiting for my parents to tell me that the Milkman wasn't actually fictional after all ROFLOL
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
RE: Christ's birthday
Many, if not all, the holidays are cover-up jobs of pagan holidays. They kept some of the trappings of the pagan holidays (Christmas trees, the magical present giver) to make it easier for pagans to transition into Christianity without giving up all their pagan ways.

Rhizo
It doesn't matter whether the 25th is the actual date or not, its a day to remember. It alone it no way proves that Jesus wasn't real.
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”
(October 9, 2009 at 6:27 pm)solarwave Wrote: It doesn't matter whether the 25th is the actual date or not, its a day to remember. It alone it no way proves that Jesus wasn't real.

Hey Solarwave. I wasn't trying to use this fact as proof that Jesus isn't real. (It would be a lame one if I did...) It is just interesting to see how things get twisted through the ages. I'm just stunned by the severe amount of lies and deception in Christianity. How many more lies and apologetics do Christians have to hide behind to try and explain their non-existing God?
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
I dont think christians do claim the 25th is His actual birthday unless they just dont have a clue about it. Its not christianity be deceptive.
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”
(October 9, 2009 at 6:27 pm)solarwave Wrote: It doesn't matter whether the 25th is the actual date or not, its a day to remember. It alone it no way proves that Jesus wasn't real.

You are correct, Solar. Far more compelling is that the only two jesus birth stories are contradictory.
That goes much farther towards proving that jesus wasn't real.
(October 8, 2009 at 4:10 pm)Craveman Wrote: Please excuse my post if this topic already came up in the AF. (I've done a search and nothing came up...)

Soooooo, did you know that the 25 December is not the actual birth date of the fictional Jesus? Wink Shades

I did know that a while back. I wanted to tell my theist family that their were a lot of pagan holidays the same time as religious holidays. But I figured I shouldn't and one of my good friends had to convince me not to as well.

And some how jesus birthday is spose to be early summer, as so I have been told by others. But not knowing it is true or not.

Amp
Quote:Soooooo, did you know that the 25 December is not the actual birth date of the fictional Jesus?

Only since I was about 12. Cool Shades

December 25th marks the day after the winter solstice and became associated with Deus Sol Invictus (the Sun God) who was introduced as Rome's principle deity by the emperor Elagabulus (Varius Avitus Bassianus--reigned 218-222 CE) and again Aurelian in 247 CE.

Christianity incorporated December 25th just it did elements of most faiths it encountered.

Tangent;the 'halo' popular in Christian iconography is a pre Christian symbol, also associated with Sol Invictus, and many other pre Christian faiths.
I've known about it since I was a kid too. I think its quite a well known piece of information. Smile
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Quote:December 25th marks the day after the winter solstice and became associated with Deus Sol Invictus (the Sun God) who was introduced as Rome's principle deity by the emperor Elagabulus (Varius Avitus Bassianus--reigned 218-222 CE) and again Aurelian in 247 CE.

Which in turn was merely an adaptation of the Roman Saturnalia festival (which dates back to 217 BC) so, people were well used to partying at this time of year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1637 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 3905 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7710 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 2869 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3093 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1357 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3240 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2693 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 1983 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are you following Trump or Christ? Foxaèr 13 1794 June 29, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13