Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This holy water thing is full of shit!
This holy water thing is full of shit!
Literally, apparently.

Quote:Scientists have discovered that 86 per cent of water samples from holy sources contain faecal matter.
Austrian researchers also found that church fonts contain high levels of bacteria and that none of the holy springs they studied could be considered safe for drinking from.

Conclusion? Baptisms are really gross.

Funny how the infinitely compassionate lord won't make the water they soak babies in clean and safe... Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: This holy water thing is full of shit!
Thanks, and I was literally eating when I read this Wink
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
It's still better than bathing in the Ganges.
(September 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: It's still better than bathing in the Ganges.

Depends on the part of Ganges.
Re: This holy water thing is full of shit!
Lovely. And people let paedophiles, sorry, *priests put that stuff on heir little babies' heads? Sad
(September 14, 2013 at 3:38 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Literally, apparently.

Quote:Scientists have discovered that 86 per cent of water samples from holy sources contain faecal matter.
Austrian researchers also found that church fonts contain high levels of bacteria and that none of the holy springs they studied could be considered safe for drinking from.

Funny how the infinitely compassionate lord won't make the water they soak babies in clean and safe... Thinking
-or maybe the reason there is poop in the water is because some people are soaking their babies in said water.
Well. Holy shit.
(September 14, 2013 at 3:38 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Literally, apparently.

Sacrilege, I say.. Sacrilege!

..... I like it Wink
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(September 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm)Drich Wrote: -or maybe the reason there is poop in the water is because some people are soaking their babies in said water.

Did you read the article? It's not just baptismal fonts; it's holy water sources. The springs from whence the stuff is drawn. Not just the cesspools where babies are dipped.

Also, just saying, there's such a thing as cleaning.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
It's no big deal..... Really!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YDurhx8QyA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christianity is heading for a full allegorization Ferrocyanide 298 19810 February 5, 2022 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 8518 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17575 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Miracle Spring water Joods 24 3692 June 27, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2617 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5591 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3542 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Another Fucking Piece of Shit "Pastor" Minimalist 37 8934 September 29, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  No Surprise, Here. Xtians Are Full of Shit. Minimalist 5 1196 August 4, 2017 at 12:31 am
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Is the Holy Spirit Misleading You? Rhondazvous 251 82801 July 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished