Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brace yourselves more butthurt is coming
Ancient text found in which Jesus talks about his wife
PM me if you know where this is from "...knees in the breeze" and don't look it up!!
RE: Brace yourselves more butthurt is coming
(April 23, 2014 at 11:58 pm)Senshi Wrote: Ancient text found in which Jesus talks about his wife

Christian apologists will just dismiss it as something that was written centuries after the gospels were supposedly written.

Now what I posted in the thread below is real butt-hurt or a*** f****** in my dialect for these Apologists.
http://atheistforums.org/thread-25544-po...#pid654376
undefined
Anything that goes against the fairy tale results in christian rectal bleeding! My favorite is pope Leo X being quoted saying "In what ways have we not benefited from this jesus fable"
PM me if you know where this is from "...knees in the breeze" and don't look it up!!
(April 24, 2014 at 12:07 am)Justtristo Wrote:
(April 23, 2014 at 11:58 pm)Senshi Wrote: Ancient text found in which Jesus talks about his wife

Christian apologists will just dismiss it as something that was written centuries after the gospels were supposedly written.

Now what I posted in the thread below is real butt-hurt or a*** f****** in my dialect for these Apologists.
http://atheistforums.org/thread-25544-po...#pid654376

They've already dismissed the rest of the Coptic texts found in 1945, that say something similar.

http://gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html

Quote:The Gospel of Philip is one of the Gnostic Gospels, a text of New Testament apocrypha, dated to around the 3rd century but lost to modern researchers until an Egyptian man rediscovered it by accident, buried in a cave near Nag Hammadi, in 1945.[1]

Quote:The text is perhaps most famous as an early source for the popular theory that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. The Ancient Greek manuscript describes Jesus as Mary's "koinonos," or "companion," which may imply an intimate sexual relationship.[3] Although the original text is missing from the papyrus scriptures discovered, some translations "fill in the gap" by suggesting that “Jesus loved Mary Magdalene more than all the disciples and used to kiss her often on the mouth.”[4]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Philip
I was able to locate a partial translation of the text in question. For what it is worth, I quote it below:

'And Jesus went into the city with Thaddeus and with Andrew his disciples and they did venture them into a tavern. The Lord ordered strong drink and then saith to Andrew and to Thaddeus, "Verily the old ball and chain giveth me fits. It is always Jesus doeth this and Jesus doeth that. She doth complain that I helpeth not with the children, nor that I am a good provider and doth threaten to returneth to the mother who bore her. What am I to doeth?" '

And his disciples did speak unto him and saith with voices, 'Weep not, dear master, for we have long known of thy troubles and hath taken steps. Hie thee to Ye Olde Jerusalem Boom Boom Room and ask there for she who is called Kitty "Hoots" LaRue. We hath paid her a purse of monies, and she hath agreed to grease thy holy weasel.'

And the Lord did look upon his disciples with great joy and did saith unto them, 'Truly, truly I tell you that you are high in the favour of the Lord and will have a place beside my father in Heaven.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Well, what d' ya know, it looks like Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln were onto something after all.

If only the Priory of Sion stuff were true... on second thoughts... nah.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(April 24, 2014 at 4:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I was able to locate a partial translation of the text in question. For what it is worth, I quote it below:

'And Jesus went into the city with Thaddeus and with Andrew his disciples and they did venture them into a tavern. The Lord ordered strong drink and then saith to Andrew and to Thaddeus, "Verily the old ball and chain giveth me fits. It is always Jesus doeth this and Jesus doeth that. She doth complain that I helpeth not with the children, nor that I am a good provider and doth threaten to returneth to the mother who bore her. What am I to doeth?" '

And his disciples did speak unto him and saith with voices, 'Weep not, dear master, for we have long known of thy troubles and hath taken steps. Hie thee to Ye Olde Jerusalem Boom Boom Room and ask there for she who is called Kitty "Hoots" LaRue. We hath paid her a purse of monies, and she hath agreed to grease thy holy weasel.'

And the Lord did look upon his disciples with great joy and did saith unto them, 'Truly, truly I tell you that you are high in the favour of the Lord and will have a place beside my father in Heaven.'

Boru

Dont forget when mary said.. "thou I grabith Thaddeus and Andrews junkith. for I needith to go skiing and giveith a happy ending"
(April 24, 2014 at 4:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'grease thy holy weasel.'

Most enjoyable thing I've read this year so far.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dozens of Nigerians freed from church awaiting 'Second Coming' in Ondo zebo-the-fat 2 571 July 3, 2022 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3738 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Jesus' Second Coming Foxaèr 23 2492 June 16, 2020 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The death of the Sun and Jesus' Second Coming. Jehanne 13 1760 October 30, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up! Jehanne 21 4973 October 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6165 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Bart Ehrman Has A New Book Coming Out Minimalist 20 3692 March 23, 2016 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4132 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Vatican fires high ranking priest for coming out abaris 37 7849 October 3, 2015 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  so you're in heaven now what? - coming soon so you're in hell now what v2 dyresand 8 2712 July 13, 2015 at 12:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus