Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if it's a sin to riot loot and burn?
I wonder if it's a sin to riot loot and burn?
I know what the law says about rioting, looting and burning but does the Bible justify such action?
RE: I wonder if it's a sin to riot loot and burn?
Islam does (but it doesn't at the same time)
(August 19, 2014 at 11:23 am)strawdawg Wrote: I know what the law says about rioting, looting and burning but does the Bible justify such action?

Yes, but first you must cut off your foreskin and walk around the town seven times.
Helps to blow a horn too. Just remember to off the old ladies, god hates it when you let them live.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 19, 2014 at 11:23 am)strawdawg Wrote: I know what the law says about rioting, looting and burning but does the Bible justify such action?
Jesus Christ would not approve of the destruction of someone else's property or violence of any kind.
(August 19, 2014 at 12:11 pm)John S Wrote:
Jesus Christ would not approve of the destruction of someone else's property or violence of any kind.

*Cough cough* Moneylenders *Cough cough*
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(August 19, 2014 at 12:11 pm)John S Wrote:

Unless it's whipping moneylenders. That's a Jesus I can get behind.

(August 19, 2014 at 12:15 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(August 19, 2014 at 12:11 pm)John S Wrote: Jesus Christ would not approve of the destruction of someone else's property or violence of any kind.

*Cough cough* Moneylenders *Cough cough*

Damnit, that's what I get for leaving my desk between replies.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(August 19, 2014 at 12:11 pm)John S Wrote: Jesus Christ would not approve of the destruction of someone else's property or violence of any kind.

Excluding fig trees of course.
Or if you decided you deserved that plot of land and those pesky indigenous people refused to leave.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Or, some one's ass and colt.....

Quote: Matthew 21 King James Version (KJV) 21 And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples, 2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.

That jesus was quite a thieving little fucker!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 961 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 19752 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Did Jesus ever sin? ignoramus 59 12060 May 3, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  There Is No Sin! chimp3 236 34198 April 21, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why as an Atheist I Cannot Sin Rhondazvous 35 7998 September 17, 2017 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Adam's Sin -- Independence and Revellion InteresedUser 24 8371 May 27, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: chimp3
  The stupidity of sin robvalue 164 22161 October 14, 2016 at 7:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4162 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Meaning of Sin, False Christians, Atheists, and Misinterpretations TheChrist 64 13881 August 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  To The Religious People...Can God See Sin? Nope 30 7185 December 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32