Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're not a real Atheist
You're not a real Atheist
I've seen this definition on this thread often: "Atheism is a specialized subset of skepticism, and that is that there is no god, but all other superstitious beliefs/conspiracies or concepts are fair game."

But I have to disagree with the statement above. Anyone who even deviates into such realms of 'magic' or 'conspiracy' is not a true atheist but is a closet-theist.

Why?
God factor will always come into play when it comes to UFO's/Ghosts/ or even moon landing.

I'll give you an example:
If you believe in ghosts, then you are not an atheist because you believe humans have a soul and an afterlife. Therefore intelligent design exists, because a spirit is energy that once encompassed the biological body.

If you believe in UFO's then the topic that the Annunaki seeded humanity comes into play. If the Annunaki manipulated our DNA then they are our gods by definition. Not the GOD who created them, but our gods (lowercase).

Moon Landing - If you believe it was staged because they are trying to hide that a prior civilization built bases on there, then you lean towards the concept of intelligent design again where someone created humans and Darwinism is a hoax.

To me atheism is the equivelent to extremist muslim/christian. It is the extremist belief in SKEPTICISM of everything and anything. Science is GOD, spirituality is SATAN and one should never believe in spirituality.
RE: You're not a real Atheist
(August 24, 2014 at 5:44 pm)GayAtheist Wrote: I've seen this definition on this thread often: "Atheism is a specialized subset of skepticism, and that is that there is no god, but all other superstitious beliefs/conspiracies or concepts are fair game."

But I have to disagree with the statement above. Anyone who even deviates into such realms of 'magic' or 'conspiracy' is not a true atheist but is a closet-theist.

Why?
God factor will always come into play when it comes to UFO's/Ghosts/ or even moon landing.

If you believe in ghosts, then you are not an atheist because you believe humans have a soul and an afterlife. Therefore intelligent design exists, because a spirit is energy that once encompassed the biological body.

If you believe in UFO's then the topic that the Annunaki seeded humanity comes into play. If the Annunaki manipulated our DNA then they are our gods by definition. Not the GOD who created them, but our gods (lowercase).

Moon Landing - If you believe it was staged because they are trying to hide that a prior civilization built bases on there, then you lean towards the concept of intelligent design again where someone created humans and Darwinism is a hoax.

To me atheism is the equivelent to extremist muslim/christian. It is the extremist belief in SKEPTICISM of everything and anything. Science is GOD, spirituality is SATAN and one should never believe in spirituality.

Rubbish. I can think of at least three mechanisms whereby ghosts could exist without god.

Furthermore, the Annunaki silliness has bugger-all to do with UFOs.

Erm...if the moon landing was staged, then how would we know if there were prior bases there or not?

Lastly, I don't give a rat's charbroiled arse what atheism means to YOU. Words have agreed upon definitions. If you want to make up your own for 'atheism', so right ahead. But don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

You're a very stupid person.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 24, 2014 at 5:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 24, 2014 at 5:44 pm)GayAtheist Wrote: I've seen this definition on this thread often: "Atheism is a specialized subset of skepticism, and that is that there is no god, but all other superstitious beliefs/conspiracies or concepts are fair game."

Why?

Rubbish. I can think of at least three mechanisms whereby ghosts could exist without god.

Furthermore, the Annunaki silliness has bugger-all to do with UFOs.

Erm...if the moon landing was staged, then how would we know if there were prior bases there or not?

You're a very stupid person.

Boru

Our military has moon bases there since the 70's. What was staged is what was given to the public sheeple. You actually think millions of tax payer money never went to going back to the moon?
Quote:Our military has moon bases there since the 70's.

Then how could the lunar landings have been faked? If you have bases there, then there WERE lunar landings.

Do you have any evidence for the existence of these bases?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't like it that Boru called you a stupid person. But then you came out with that answer. You're on your own.
Atheism just means you don't believe in god(s).

Belief in aliens, conspiracy theories, homeotophy, etc.. have nothing to do with atheism. Skepticts, who are also atheisist, don't believe in aliens, conspiracy theories, homeotophy, etc...
(August 24, 2014 at 6:14 pm)Surgenator Wrote: Atheism just means you don't believe in god(s).

Belief in aliens, conspiracy theories, homeotophy, etc.. have nothing to do with atheism. Skepticts, who are also atheisist, don't believe in aliens, conspiracy theories, homeotophy, etc...

Is there a cult following known as Skeptism that is superior to Atheism?

Skeptism sounds like the true enlightment of atheism, the belief in NOTHING!
No conspiracy, no spirituality, no aliens, no underground bases or moon bases, that the world is round (or flat).
Get your popcorn out shaman. :-)
GayAtheist, Boru asked you a question, are you going to answer it?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(August 24, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Little lunch Wrote: I don't like it that Boru called you a stupid person. But then you came out with that answer. You're on your own.

Boru, in that instance, was being overly polite.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4061 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 10496 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Family not accepting you're an Atheist UniverseCaptain 45 5370 October 28, 2021 at 12:51 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3437 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Proof that God is not real? ComradeMeow 6 2494 August 5, 2017 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7050 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Who is the assholiest Theist you've met in REAL LIFE? bambi_swag 82 17997 October 7, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Do you wish God was real? Catholic_Lady 176 31045 July 24, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheist YouTube channel you may not have heard of Sejanus 2 1353 June 9, 2014 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
Question Can an American citizen be a real atheist? walknh2o 150 56006 February 21, 2012 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman