Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social media and public humilation
Social media and public humilation
This is a personal opinion of mine you are welcome to disagree or agree.

I completely despise and loath social media. It seems like today people are being shamed and humiliated for their views and opinions. People literally are filled with so much hatred that they will shame someone until their lives are so destroyed that they cannot function... and do this with NO REMORSE. I think the world is sick, republican or liberal, gay or straight, black or white, every side and every angle of every view. Sick people who are hurting each other.

Let me give an example, there is a fake Facebook post about an elementary school student who wrote about Jesus being her influence in life and a teacher who supposedly wrote "F" in red, crossed out the words Jesus Christ, and wrote at the top "remove Jesus". The picture is obviously fabricated and included in the post was the school's number and address. The school and teacher have been harassed over a fucking fake social media post. The school commented on the matter saying no teacher would ever tell a student they couldn't talk about Jesus Christ. Why would they? These people have absolutely no common sense, no reason, and no critical thinking skills. They are followers. You can tell the picture was fabricated because it is obviously not an 8 year old's handwriting and you can see the cut and paste lines where the red writing was pasted into the picture. Social media allows stupid gullible people to collaborate and cause harm on others with anonymity and impunity because of sheer number.

The school also presented the ACTUAL work of the 8 year old with no signs of being corrected. In addition to that elementary schools generally don't use "F" as a grade they usually use "E".

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/09/18/cerro-...ok-picture
RE: Social media and public humilation
Sources, SOURCES!!! Big Grin
I hate social media because of the advertisements, money grabs and it being flat out as boring as my big toe.

Satire crap has always been around.
https://www.facebook.com/OneNationUnderG...63/?type=1

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/removejesus.asp
What kind of test is this anyway?
Propaganda always had it's fools. Religion has more endurance IMO.
I don't like social media either, but I need them for university, because there are facebook groups where people upload things like past exam papers or sell books and stuff.

That said, the italian-speaking part of facebook is a cesspool of fascism, racism, ignorance (specifically scientific), hatred towards the government (whatever colour it may be) and chemtrail dickwads.
Someone created a page named "Statistical gathering of redundant comments", and it's basically the italian FSTDT.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(October 3, 2014 at 12:37 pm)oukoida Wrote: That said, the italian-speaking part of facebook is a cesspool of fascism, racism, ignorance (specifically scientific), hatred towards the government (whatever colour it may be) and chemtrail dickwads.

So, it's exactly like the English-speaking part of Facebook, then.
Do you have people quoting Mussolini like he was a hero?

(goes to cry in a corner)
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(October 3, 2014 at 10:54 am)No_God Wrote: Sick people who are hurting each other.
Many people are asleep, uninitiated. It appears to be a sickness, when in fact, the troubles in the world are not the sickness, but rather, they point to the illness that is the collective and individual unconsciousness that Mankind currently finds itself mired in.

There are people who are awake and fully conscious. They are working toward the global reversal of this sleep-walking state.

As for the OP... I agree that 'social media' is bad. It's a tool that mostly keeps people asleep, thus perpetuating the malaise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you concerned about the future of Social Security? Foxaèr 20 1277 December 22, 2023 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Send in the social workers. onlinebiker 57 4575 November 1, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Face coverings in public banned Foxaèr 10 728 March 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  There's a social pandemic poisoning Europe: hatred of Muslims WinterHold 23 1340 November 2, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Social distancing? ignoramus 12 946 April 23, 2020 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Social Distancing: Is 6 feet enough? Rhizomorph13 14 964 April 2, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Social distancing vs a day at the beach BrianSoddingBoru4 51 3424 March 27, 2020 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Social distancing vs Prayer onlinebiker 42 2853 March 21, 2020 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Secular Spirituality in Public Schools chimp3 12 891 January 23, 2020 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Sal
  Oz government crackdown on Social Media fredd bear 24 1723 March 31, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Amarok