Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do christians view apostasy
How do christians view apostasy
I asked this question on another forum but there were not too many responses from christians so I thought I would repeat it here. I've referred to christians but only because that seems to be the majority of the theist population on this forum.

We have occassional stories of people leaving their religion and a particularly heartfelt account earlier today.

I was wondering whether reading these tales of indoctrination at an early age and then escape later in life if any christian members here relate to any of it? Do you ignore these people? What would you do if your child, who you had brought up strictly christian eventually rejected your god?
RE: How do christians view apostasy
Interesting question!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 12, 2014 at 4:11 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: I asked this question on another forum but there were not too many responses from christians so I thought I would repeat it here. I've referred to christians but only because that seems to be the majority of the theist population on this forum.

We have occassional stories of people leaving their religion and a particularly heartfelt account earlier today.

I was wondering whether reading these tales of indoctrination at an early age and then escape later in life if any christian members here relate to any of it? Do you ignore these people? What would you do if your child, who you had brought up strictly christian eventually rejected your god?

well i was failed being indoctrinated as a child and i had common sense and knew something was wrong also the power of the internet helped me.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
My first thought was "None of my children are stupid enough to fall into that". But it was just a thought.
There is a difference between having a knowledge of God and knowing God.

To reject a kid because he falls into a trap is not only dumb, it is against Christian or Jewish principles.
Yes, I know of some of the experiences you guys have had in this regard to yourselves.
The dealer of that experience was wrong, probably resentful and in a failure of faith (in the context of whatever faith they have).
We overcome by faith and patience.
And patience is faith in action.
I apply that to my kids, grandkids and you guys.
Awww... give us a hug, prof.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
No thanks. I rather dislike him viewing us as in need of his saving or having fallen into a trap from which his "patience and faith" can rescue us.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 12, 2014 at 9:20 am)professor Wrote: There is a difference between having a knowledge of God and knowing God.

Indeed. If the Bible is to be used as a literary guide, knowing God would require you to have sex with him.
I gotta do God in the hell hole?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 12, 2014 at 10:06 am)Cato Wrote:
(December 12, 2014 at 9:20 am)professor Wrote: There is a difference between having a knowledge of God and knowing God.

Indeed. If the Bible is to be used as a literary guide, knowing God would require you to have sex with him.

But.. i don't want to be submissive to god.... or even have sex with god....
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Re: RE: How do christians view apostasy
(December 12, 2014 at 10:04 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: No thanks. I rather dislike him viewing us as in need of his saving or having fallen into a trap from which his "patience and faith" can rescue us.
Understood but I did ask the question so I'm grateful that he answered it honestly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1402 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 603 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Theists: would you view the truth? robvalue 154 18366 December 25, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Religion invokes a One-sided World View Heat 24 6189 December 9, 2015 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Is Apostasy worth it? piterski123 15 3461 June 25, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  My point of view on religion. Vegamo 0 1141 April 2, 2015 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Vegamo
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11031 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Sudan woman faces death for apostasy zebo-the-fat 17 5905 May 15, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A different view of God Escherscurtain 4 1515 March 25, 2014 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  My view of a god Gooders1002 11 2433 February 18, 2014 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002