Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why pets (dogs/cats) are better than religion
Why pets (dogs/cats) are better than religion
- Your pet loves you unconditionally and doesn't ask for anything other than care and friendship in return, unlike religion that requests a number of morally objectionable acts (like human sacrifices and killing people)

- In fact, even if you screw up with your pet it will forgive you and won't condemn you to spend the rest of eternity in hell

- Pets like you regardless of your religious beliefs, skin colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or political views

- The cost-benefit of having a pet versus having a religion is by far better for the former - Pets cost money but the happiness it'll bring you compensates. Pets don't require a lot of time spent confessing, praying, going to church and reading theology books

- Pets are way cuter than god, in fact no one knows how god is like

- It's much better to play with your dog and cat than to read the bible or pray to god

- Your pet doesn't hate your friends that share different beliefs or are gay

- Your pet is always there for you, unlike god that seems to not care about suffering even being omnipotent and omnipresent like religious people frequently argue. In fact, your pet could save your life (google cases)

- Your pet doesn't mind if you make challenging questions or question your beliefs

- Pets can have an utility to solve daily problems and perform important jobs, no one really counts on god to figure out where the drugs are or where the criminal fled to

- Few people will judge you because of the pet you chose

- Your pet doesn't give a shit about you having sex, how often and where, with whom, etc.

- With god supposedly being all perfect and pets being soulless and less than perfect (with an IQ of 20-30), pets still have a greater impact on people's lives daily than god, and do more for planet earth than god ever did.

Did I forget something?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Why pets (dogs/cats) are better than religion
One of my cats would really like to be revered as a deity. Not sure that helps your point.

Cat
I think that's a solid case, I'm in Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
In defense of god, he doesn't ever take a whopping shit on your carpet.

But I'll admit, the pros outweigh the cons
[Image: pingpongklein2.jpg]

My hamster is highly skeptical of your God claims.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

[Image: tumblr_m0y2qf2joT1qd7hayo1_400.jpg]
Cats and dogs are an easier example, but the same applies to hamsters and even exotic pets. I'm pretty sure if I ever buy a snake as a pet it'll be much more interesting than converting to Christianity.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

And just as dangerous.
(January 13, 2015 at 11:49 am)Napoléon Wrote: In defense of god, he doesn't ever take a whopping shit on your carpet.

But he takes a whopping shit in too many minds. That's worse than the carpet.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 13, 2015 at 1:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And just as dangerous.

Small pet snakes have basically no chance of killing you even if you provoke them. I'm not talking about pythons and anacondas. That's some though shit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism? vulcanlogician 147 7800 April 5, 2022 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2591 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is religion simply more about control than a god? GODZILLA 24 2877 January 8, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10360 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  I am better than God! chimp3 24 4653 September 26, 2016 at 8:53 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why Zeus is more real than the Christian God.... maestroanth 4 1813 May 5, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians orangedude 14 1904 April 27, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why do people on here act as if Islam if no worse than any other faith? Hoppingbunny 64 11070 April 24, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10733 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4907 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger