Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say it aint so Jon.
Say it aint so Jon.
First Steve now Jon Stewart.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/styl...this-year/
RE: Say it aint so Jon.
He's irreplaceable.
God fucking dammit!

This is sad.

Jason Jones---next man up.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Ok, for extra credit, who was the host before Jon, and what was the promo add slogan for the show when it started?
I'm for Jessica Williams.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Wasn't it Craig Kilborn? I know he had his other show but for some reason I'm remembering him.

Anyways, this is sad news. He's a staple in my household. I'm wondering if John Oliver would leave his new show to take his place.

I'd like to add that I think Larry Wilmore is doing a great job with the Nightly Show.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(February 10, 2015 at 11:53 pm)Exian Wrote: Wasn't it Craig Kilborn? I know he had his other show but for some reason I'm remembering him.

Anyways, this is sad news. He's a staple in my household. I'm wondering if John Oliver would leave his new show to take his place.

I'd like to add that I think Larry Wilmore is doing a great job with the Nightly Show.

Yes it was Craig.

Ok what about the original promo add slogan? Remember it?
Nope haha I can just barely remember him having the show. I also remember Jon wearing jeans and a leather jacket and no desk in the early days. Lol Oh, the Mtv years.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
The original promo ad was "When news breaks, we fix it".
I remember that! Wow. Jon Stewart really redefined the "fake news" genre. He will truly be missed.
Edit: I know he's not dead.

(February 10, 2015 at 11:42 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I'm for Jessica Williams.

I could totally see that happening. She's hilarious.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 640 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  ciafbi have to say about ufo'hs Drich 122 3995 May 26, 2021 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1390 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  You can't say that anymore. onlinebiker 89 6470 January 1, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Be Like Jon. BrianSoddingBoru4 0 424 June 12, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something They'll Never Say About The WLB! Minimalist 3 367 August 26, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Grade school girls can't say No when asked to dance brewer 94 5218 February 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What does the science data say about firearms? Brian37 47 9494 October 6, 2017 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  President of Phillipeans say he will kill 100,000 drug dealers and addicts. CapnAwesome 46 8884 July 14, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Why Evangelicals say US is no longer Christian Minimalist 7 1350 June 29, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne