Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope calls for peace
Pope calls for peace
Pope Francis: Easter message urges peace in Iraq and Syria

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32188231

Again?  I'm sure he did that last year, and the year before.... etc.   didn't do any good then either Devil
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Pope calls for peace
And demands no one picks on his mommy. Nope, sorry Pope, considering your institution's history of science denying and hiding child molesters and hypocritically telling gays one thing while telling others marriage should be protected, the "peace" you really want is the same "peace" all religions want, no challenge to their power.

I want peace too, it is in our species empathy to want that. But that will not be had by political correctness and setting up taboos.
How original
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

He wants peace?

He won't even give us pizza.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The absurdity of claiming an all powerful god to end up having humans vote over who the fan club president is, is a joke.
And surely if his bum crust of a God wanted peace, there would be peace.

Therefor, his fuck brigade of a god does not want peace.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 5, 2015 at 10:15 am)robvalue Wrote: And surely if his bum crust of a God wanted peace, there would be peace.

Therefor, his fuck brigade of a god does not want peace.

Our species empathy is universal in wanting stable environments that are violence free, religion unfortunately makes that "peace" conditional based on social pecking orders.
"Let there be peace!" sounds like a god complex to me.

Sorry, Francis. It just doesn't work that way.
Maybe he should try praying.

I'm amazed by how people praise religious leaders for saying such banal platitudes. 
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The religion of peace LinuxGal 5 656 October 1, 2023 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1299 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What Gives You Peace.... ronedee 82 6913 September 29, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: MadJW
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3409 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1348 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2144 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2266 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3609 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9794 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4828 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172