Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholicism: One step forward, Two steps back
Catholicism: One step forward, Two steps back
Quote:Pope Francis is being credited for a recent revival in interest in exorcisms among the faithful and Catholic clergy, a practice that until his appointment as pontiff was largely taboo in modern Catholicism. Dioceses across Europe and Latin American in particular have seen an uptick in the number of reported possessions and many have responded with increased training.

Francis does not shy from mentioning the Devil, unlike his modern predecessors. In his addresses, he often warns about the devil’s temptations and educates Catholics on how to avoid them. Francis and the Vatican are endorsing a weeklong exorcism conference at the Pontifical University of Regina Apostolorum in Rome being attended by 160 priests from around the globe, according to Catholic Online.

http://www.ibtimes.com/pope-francis-exor...ch-1884000

It seems that no matter how hard you try to pull Catholicism into the modern age, they find a way to embrace the medieval.  Apparently, Pope atheists-and-gays-are-cool-climate-change-is-real Francis is really big on the devil and magic rituals.  So, just remember the next time you feel yourself thinking, "I don't really mind this Francis guy" that he's still a man in a pointy hat sitting in a golden chair chasing demons.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Catholicism: One step forward, Two steps back
Maybe it's foreshadowing ??

I'd think any self respecting demon might find the pope himself an irresistible target to bugger with his demoniacal penis !!     And the pope knows this . . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

...demonising mental illnesses, check. Our next stop: Middle Ages. Stay tuned for roasting witches and criminalising books. Thank you for flying with the Catholic Airlines
(May 4, 2015 at 11:37 am)Faith No More Wrote: It seems that no matter how hard you try to pull Catholicism into the modern age, they find a way to embrace the medieval.  Apparently, Pope atheists-and-gays-are-cool-climate-change-is-real Francis is really big on the devil and magic rituals.  So, just remember the next time you feel yourself thinking, "I don't really mind this Francis guy" that he's still a man in a pointy hat sitting in a golden chair chasing demons.

If atheists and gays are cool, True Evil® has to come from somewhere.
Quote: "I don't really mind this Francis guy"

I don't think I ever said that.  He's just another scumbag with a funny hat.
I still don't know where the hell people are getting the 'atheists and gays are cool' thing from...and the Vatican has accepted climate change for decades now.. Francis is just saying the same things the Vatican has believed for years and people are slobbering all over his bullshit PR cock.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(May 6, 2015 at 2:14 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I still don't know where the hell people are getting the 'atheists and gays are cool' thing from...and the Vatican has accepted climate change for decades now..  Francis is just saying the same things the Vatican has believed for years and people are slobbering all over his bullshit PR cock.

You're right. Pope Francis has never said that atheism and homosexual relations are fine.
All he says is the same "Who am I to judge" crap that they've always said. "Oh, it's not me that's judging you, it's god. SO when I say homosexual sex is disordered, harmful, and immoral, it's not my opinion, it's God's."

EDIT: Holy shit Lek and I actually agree on something.
- Thomas Jefferson
The "atheists and gays are cool" is his stance relative to his predecessors.

We all know what he really thinks.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Relative to which of his predecessors? The pope's in the 17th century? The Vatican has longed maintained the stance of 'hate the sin love the sinner', and go to endless lengths to make sure people know it's God's evaluation of gays and atheists, not their own. Tossing on a former FOX News PR guy (not a joke, Francis had a FOX News PR guy hired specifically for his papacy) doesn't make a difference to me.
- Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Two-Source Hypthothesis LinuxGal 2 334 September 4, 2023 at 9:11 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Most People Insist That Two Separate Being Can Never Be One KerimF 86 4374 June 17, 2023 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 640 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How to 100% remove myself from Catholicism FormerCatholic 32 2424 September 8, 2022 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 573 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Two wrongs make a right Graufreud 19 1737 July 21, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4563 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13739 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Catholicism would actually be the most likely controlled Christianity Rolandson 10 1988 January 1, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Redoubtable
  This Movie Needs A Guy and Two Robots Making Fun Of It Minimalist 7 1498 June 7, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye