Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist house rules?
Atheist house rules?
As you know, I love to dip into the christian forum site now and again to see how they're progressing and just saw a 'house rules' thread and one particular post that astounded me to be honest. It reads like something from a hundred years past...

http://www.christianforumsite.com/thread...les.42981/

" My rules as follows: 

5am Lord's Prayer

5:30am Breakfast

All cleaning to be done prior to going to work

All meals to be organised before leaving the house so food prep can be bought

Permission to leave the table after eating

In my house, no-one leaves the table until I have finished eating

Bible study 6pm in the evening for 1hour

Washing to be done on Sunday's

There are more which will come to mind later. 

I don't have children so no rules for that as of yet."

WTF! What goes on inside these peoples minds, fucking hope he/she never has children.

My kids wash the pots and tidy up and make themselves useful but I'll never fuck them up with shit like this. Fucking retards.

(disclaimer - Friday night = drink night = swearing like a fucker)
RE: Atheist house rules?
Quote:In my house, no-one leaves the table until I have finished eating
(...)
I don't have children so no rules for that as of yet.
So does that mean that at his place, the wife has to stay at the table until he's done eating?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
my guess is he/she lives alone so he/she just gets up whenever they feel like it...fucktard
I don't know if it's a he or she or married or single. If it was a he and married then it's pretty much tantamount to abuse to start laying laws about that.
"Washing to be done on Sundays"

Heresy! No work on Sunday!
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 26, 2015 at 3:33 pm)Chad32 Wrote: "Washing to be done on Sundays"

In my case it's done on fridays. Always.

Sundays are reserved for sleeping in and boozing to make approaching mondays seem less sinister.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I naively didn't realise this sort of mindset still existed. I mean, I know the fundies are fucked up but still.
Atheist house rules?
Quote " Give you some example, we have four rules four our bibles in schools

When you want to speak raise your hand
Interrupting is not a good idea
Space invaders no way
Now is the time to sit still and listen"

Space Invaders! Interrupting okay, but space invaders seriously which decade so these cunts live in? And for the record, I encourage my kids to have a 2 player space invaders challenge with me (mame original of course).
Quote:" My rules as follows:

5am Lord's Prayer

Scratch that. Make it 9am and a 'fucking hell' to get the day rolling.

Quote:5:30am Breakfast

Make that whenever I drag myself out of bed and whatever I can find in thd fridge (or on the floor.don't judge me)

Quote:All cleaning to be done prior to going to work

It's an organized mess. No need to upset the delicate balance of things

Quote:All meals to be organised before leaving the house so food prep can be bought

Nah. There's always the pizza place

Quote:Permission to leave the table after eating

Lol. Control freak, right there

(What table??)

Quote:In my house, no-one leaves the table until I have finished eating

Lol. Hope the dude lives alone

(Seriously, what's a table??)

Quote:Bible study 6pm in the evening for 1hour

Cat memes, all day every day

Quote:Washing to be done on Sunday's

Don't get out of bed on Sundays

Nope. Couldn't live with that guy. He sounds unfun :c
The rules in my house.

1: Wake up.
2: Don't die before 1 or after 3
3: Go to sleep.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying house of Loreto Fake Messiah 2 671 April 6, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are there any YECs in the house here? Jehanne 71 9492 June 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people Fake Messiah 42 11162 March 19, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Flood destroys Tony Perkins' house drfuzzy 14 2084 August 18, 2016 at 10:03 am
Last Post: brewer
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6773 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  So I'm sitting here at my parents' house... SteelCurtain 21 4955 June 9, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Man is the Head of the House Christian 59 20770 January 26, 2013 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Under the Rules of Catholicism, the Vast Majority of People Are Going to Hell Blackrook 80 35627 September 26, 2012 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christians: Is Judging Someone Breaking the Rules? chasm 16 7703 July 7, 2010 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Anglican Church to debate conversion rules moodydaniel 2 2698 February 11, 2009 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: bozo