Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Simple question for Christians.
Simple question for Christians.
I'll make this short. 

Do you think that atheists have a harder time disbelieving in the Christian god than other gods?

In other words, do you think we have to struggle in order to maintain our disbelief in Yahweh/Jesus, but have no struggle disbelieving in Allah or Shiva or Ahura-Mazda, etc?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: Simple question for Christians.
That's a good question. I hope you get some responses.
Good you kept it simple, too.  Xtians can only handle "simple."
Well played, Simon.
Is easier to not learn multiplication or to not learn calculus?
Yes, that's sort of what he's asking you. Except inasmuch that one can learn anything productive from the creeds of the credulous.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 15, 2015 at 4:48 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Yes, that's sort of what he's asking you. Except inasmuch that one can learn anything productive from the creeds of the credulous.

Then its a dumb and pointless question, equal to the question I posed.
Translation: "I have no answer so here's some white noise."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 15, 2015 at 4:43 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Is easier to not learn multiplication or to not learn calculus?

Sounds like a non-answer to me.

Hopefully another Christian here will have something better.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
With YHWH you get 2GB free for a week, so you know

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7792 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3335 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 6985 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6336 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2765 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4930 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher Jonah 44 28643 August 12, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8562 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31210 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1580 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich