Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would any Woman want to be a part of Christianity?
Why would any Woman want to be a part of Christianity?
Genesis 3:16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

1 Corinthians 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 14:34-36Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Ephesians 5:22-24Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Colossians 3:18Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Timothy 2:11-15Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing.

Titus 2:4-5Teach the young women to be ... obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

1 Peter 3:1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands.

And so on....

Why?  Why would any Woman want a part of this?   Huh   Edit: Or any misogynistic religion*

If I tried to apply these to my life, my Wife would probably kick my ass then leave me. 
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Why would any Woman want to be a part of Christianity?
Because they're Anne Coulter?
Marginally better than this?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTfrGm82LqUeWE3UjyPg9...GYNeF3S_LT]
(July 20, 2015 at 11:10 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Because they're Anne Coulter?

They're all secretly men?
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 20, 2015 at 11:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Marginally better than this?

Which confuses me as well.  I have seen a muslim woman defend this as her "culture" in real life.  I fail to understand, tradition or not, how somebody would participate, let alone defend it.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(July 20, 2015 at 11:14 pm)Spooky Wrote:
(July 20, 2015 at 11:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Marginally better than this?

Which confuses me as well.  I have seen a muslim woman defend this as her "culture" in real life.  I fail to understand, tradition or not, how somebody would participate, let alone defend it.

One Christmas I was shopping with a friend and there was a woman dressed in one of these body rags in front of me being served by another girl.

I said to my friend, "This Christmas IS busy.  Even the ninjas are out shopping!"

Got a filthy look for that one, and a giggle from the girl serving.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm glad you weren't beheaded.
Let's not confuse our western lifestyle with what we think is better for them.
Maybe being a slave to religion and violence is what they aspire to?
It's their duty! It's in the book and besides the govt endorses it so it must be the right thing to!

Religion is the most vile tool ever invented by man. 
They sell an abstract idea, and enslave you for life.
Even kind, polite and intelligent people aren't immune.
The virus doesn't discriminate.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I have trouble seeing how anyone wants anything to do with it. But at least the men get to be superior. The women just get pushed around.

But of course, the modern Christian ignores almost all of their own book (if they've read it at all) so all is well.

This came up before, and it was said that maybe they feel their second class citizenship actually has some divine basis while in the religion (in countries where women are treated like shit regardless).
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:Why would any Woman want to be a part of Christianity?
For the same reason many women point a gun at the cops who went to help them against abusive husbands - stupidity.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "God" Part of the Brain, by Matthew Alper neil 20 1287 February 9, 2024 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6155 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What if God is a woman Woah0 31 2542 November 26, 2022 at 1:28 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god Foxaèr 82 5606 December 22, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1394 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is religion especially Christianity so widely practied? GODZILLA 69 6596 February 19, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Love of God vs love of a woman Mystic 51 5520 September 26, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Is this woman nuts? brewer 37 4700 February 15, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Christianity and Islam so widely practiced? NuclearEnergy 12 2425 November 20, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9207 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold