Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Swedish far-right isn't dumb
The Swedish far-right isn't dumb
http://www.blazingcatfur.ca/2015/07/21/s...as-racist/

Quote:No, this is not satire.  On July 29, a gay pride parade is scheduled in Sweden.  But, you see, this is no ordinary gay pride parade.  This gay pride parade was created by Jan Sjunnesson, former editor-in-chief for the Samtiden newspaper in Sweden, which is owned by the nationalist Sweden Democrats party (for our Canadian readers, think of the Sweden Democrats as being kind of like the Conservatives or the Canadian Action Party, which means that they’re considered “extreme far-right” in Sweden). The parade is scheduled to go through Tensta and Husby – two areas where Muslim immigrants are more than 75% of the population.

Quote:The Facebook page is absolutely filled with angry comments from leftists, attacking the “xenophobic right-wing nationalists” for organizing a gay pride parade through Muslim areas. Since Islam holds that gays should be executed, something like this is obviously an attack on Muslims and should therefore be outlawed. At least, that’s what Swedish leftists – and, indeed, Swedish gays – are saying.

Quote:RFSL, for those who don’t know, is a taxpayer-funded gay rights group (one of the oldest gay rights groups in the world, established in 1950), and they have publicly attacked this gay pride parade through Muslim areas as a display of racism and white privilege.

Many leftists are also calling for the parade to be legally banned, and for the people who organized it to be arrested for “hate speech” against Muslims.

Another link:
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse...r-trouble/

Observations:

---> It seems the far-right is open to embrace and temporarily support something they absolutely despise (homosexuality and homosexual behavior) to fight against a more prominent enemy (according to their definition of what constitutes one). It is truly surprising that they are organizing a gay pride parade - For those who don't understand, just think of the Republican party supporting and cheering for a gay parade and LGBT rights.
---> The reaction of liberal leftists is depressing and leans towards totalitarianism and censorship as usual - Frankly I'm uninterested in many conservative positions and bullshit arguments but the liberal left annoys more everyday that passes, so I guess something in the middle must suit me. Asking for bans, censorship, to arrest people (even if they are bigots) is idiotic and people arguing for that are the ones who represent a threat to national security and people's  fundamental rights.
---> We see two groups supporting something they shouldn't - Gays protesting against the parade are supporting a religion that wants them dead (to be fair this is similar in Christianity and Judaism) - The far-right is supporting a group they hate as well (gays and lesbians)
---> Obviously the final result of this is some extra-credit to the far-right, not only because they'll be perceived by ignoramuses as tolerant of homosexuality but fundamentally because Swedes who see Muslims as enemies and threats are going to support this party. If this parade does happen and the reaction of Muslims (which isn't very favorable as a general rule) isn't at least neutral this will foster hatred towards Muslim immigrants and other middle eastern ones. Oh, and it shows how much shit the liberal left has been eating for the past decade, trying to erase fundamental principles of western civilization
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: The Swedish far-right isn't dumb
(July 23, 2015 at 8:18 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Oh, and it shows how much shit the liberal left has been eating for the past decade, trying to erase fundamental principles of western civilization

And these principles would be what exactly?

Provoking a violent reaction to cash in some political dime? The so called values of the Sweden democrats, who as you rightfully observed are basically hating gays and use them as tools to transport their bigotry? Suffice to say that anti muslim violence is already rampant in Sweden.

Quote: ESKILSTUNA, Sweden — As Khalif Samantar knelt for afternoon prayers at the Eskilstuna Islamic Dawa Center on Christmas Day, he sensed a growing heat and a low, rushing sound coming from a nearby hallway. He focused his mind on the ritual, only to realize seconds later that someone was shouting, “The mosque is on fire!”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/03/world/....html?_r=0

So they're literally playing with fire. All in the name of getting some additional votes. That's readying the pitchforks and something to puke over.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Good, we should gay up every Muslim neighborhood in the western world.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 23, 2015 at 9:31 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Good, we should gay up every Muslim neighborhood in the western world.

Why don't you take a breather and actually reflect on the story at hand. Using gays as tools is something admirable in your books?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I'm sorry but this is just the far-right co-opting gay rights to push an anti-Muslim agenda.

As far as I'm concerned, fuck Islam's beliefs, I don't care if they're offended at gay pride. if they're first-generation immigrants and want to live in a country where homosexuality is legal, they should be told to accept it or fuck off somewhere else.

However, the right-wing have become very savvy at making it sound like they're suddenly all for freedom and liberal values when they're opposing Islam. They'll take the "enemy's enemy is my friend" mentality, and suddenly we've got stupid gays and "right-wing feminists" supporting them who can't see through what they're doing. As soon as Islam is out of the way, the right-wing will be straight back to an anti-gay and anti-woman rhetoric.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(July 23, 2015 at 9:33 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 23, 2015 at 9:31 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Good, we should gay up every Muslim neighborhood in the western world.

Why don't you take a breather and actually reflect on the story at hand. Using gays as tools is something admirable in your books?

Would you be opposed to a gay pride parade through a Christian neighborhood because it would hurt their feelings? Of course not. Of everybody on the planet, Muslims are who I am least interested in protecting their feelings. Also who are you to say what the gays who participate in this want to do? They don't have guns held to their heads. Ultimately it's up to them, regardless of who the other people associated with it are. People need to stop the pandering to a bizzare anti-freedom minority like Islam.
Lets also not forget that one of the most famous 'far right' politicians in Europe was himself a rather flamboyant homosexual. 
[Image: pim-fortuyn.jpeg?w=300&h=300]

That is before he was assassinated by a thug in the name of political correctness.
(July 23, 2015 at 9:44 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(July 23, 2015 at 9:33 pm)abaris Wrote: Why don't you take a breather and actually reflect on the story at hand. Using gays as tools is something admirable in your books?

Would you be opposed to a gay pride parade through a Christian neighborhood because it would hurt their feelings? Of course not. Of everybody on the planet, Muslims are who I am least interested in protecting their feelings. Also who are you to say what the gays who participate in this want to do? They don't have guns held to their heads. Ultimately it's up to them, regardless of who the other people associated with it are. People need to stop the pandering to a bizzare anti-freedom minority like Islam.

I can't speak for abaris, but to me it's about the bigger picture.

If this were a left-wing gay march through a Muslim neighbourhood, especially if it heavily involved LGBT people who are Muslims themselves or ex-Muslims, I'd be all for it.

It the bigger picture that this is a right-wing organisation suddenly co-opting gay pride (which under normal circumstances, they would despise) in opposition to something they despise more.

I don't want the right-wing to be the ones at the fore-front of combating Islamism. They'll fight against Islamic values in favour of Christian ones, hurt a lot of innocent people in doing so and will then, after they've achieved what they want, turn against the gay people they used to do it. This is the right wing, they're not friends of gay people, many still have links to neo-nazi groups who would do horrible things if they came to power. They're being manipulative to gain power.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Quote:And these principles would be what exactly?
Free speech V. Hate Speech Laws. Cultural relativism and native self-hating. An almost sickening and unrealistic fetish for economic "progressivism" and promotion of completely suicidal measures of social support and security.

Quote:Provoking a violent reaction to cash in some political dime? The so called values of the Sweden democrats, who as you rightfully observed are basically hating gays and use them as tools to transport their bigotry? Suffice to  say that anti muslim violence is already rampant in Sweden.
[/quote]
Indeed it is - But that isn't what the OP is about, stop trying to shit it. I am merely commenting on how astute and strategic the far-right can be, and we should not underestimate them.

Quote:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/03/world/....html?_r=0

So they're literally playing with fire. All in the name of getting some additional votes. That's readying the pitchforks and something to puke over.
Do you realize that over the last decade the majority of vandalized religious buildings in Europe are Christian churches, right?

Quote:I'm sorry but this is just the far-right co-opting gay rights to push an anti-Muslim agenda.

As far as I'm concerned, fuck Islam's beliefs, I don't care if they're offended at gay pride. if they're first-generation immigrants and want to live in a country where homosexuality is legal, they should be told to accept it or fuck off somewhere else. 

However, the right-wing have become very savvy at making it sound like they're suddenly all for freedom and liberal values when they're opposing Islam. They'll take the "enemy's enemy is my friend" mentality, and suddenly we've got stupid gays and "right-wing feminists" supporting them who can't see through what they're doing. As soon as Islam is out of the way, the right-wing will be straight back to an anti-gay and anti-woman rhetoric.
Of course it is, and I'm not saying otherwise - Hence why the title says they are not dumb - They're not a fringe of lunatics, they know how to play politics and appeal to a diverse audience. The far-right is doing what other politicians do - What gathers votes. They have diverse policies in different countries to appeal to more people. For example, in France the leader of the party is actually a woman and has a more pro-gay stance and 100% supports secularism and laicité.

Please read my observations - I'm not endorsing this or saying it is morally acceptable, I'm just noting that these parties shouldn't be underestimated - They've earned more than 10% of votes - That's a lot of votes for such an extremist party, and one needs to wonder why such a sane country like Sweden would vote for these people. 
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

That appears to be an obviously cheap ploy, but regardless, anyone that marches in that parade has some steel cojones.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Poison Yourself By Protecting Yourself From Something That Isn't Poisonous BrianSoddingBoru4 4 367 December 18, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  NAACP going to far? brewer 17 1240 October 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How far do we go? Brian37 7 677 September 8, 2021 at 4:18 pm
  The far right thinking they know pronouns Foxaèr 6 335 May 27, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Going a bit far with pronoun usage again Foxaèr 20 1374 May 18, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  [Serious] Far-Right Extremism Is a Global Problem WinterHold 164 12487 February 17, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Far right seizing COVID-19 ‘opportunity’ to expand: Study WinterHold 8 525 November 23, 2020 at 4:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Just A Dumb Ol Boys, never thinking at all. Brian37 10 1165 May 26, 2019 at 9:52 pm
  Dumb As A Bag of Cunt Hair Minimalist 22 2413 October 28, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1499 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37