Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
god is a moron - genesis
god is a moron - genesis
day 1 - Creates the heavens and the earth.

day 2 -  he couldn't see a god damned thing creates light and dark also created the moon. (didn't create a source of light till day 4, if god was so smart he would have created the sun)

day 3 - creates vegetation (again no light source and no insects and bees to pollinate said vegetation)

day 4 - finally creates the god damned sun 

If you want to leave some of god's fuck ups please do this will be a educational thing for theists on the website.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: god is a moron - genesis
(August 2, 2015 at 10:01 am)dyresand Wrote: day 2 -  he couldn't see a god damned thing creates light and dark also created the moon. (didn't create a source of light till day 4, if god was so smart he would have created the sun)

God is only as smart as the people creating him. In short, not very. They didn't have an idea of the moon not being a source of light.

But even if you leave that out. God is supposed to be eternal. So what did he do besides sitting in a dark void playing on himself? Sort of eternal solitary confinement. You have to go nuts given the environment.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Well, lets see.

I'm God and I want Adam and Eve to obey me and live happily in the garden of Eden. I don't want them to eat the apple from the tree of life but I'll put the tree in the garden where they can reach it. I'll tell them not to eat of its fruit but since I didn't give them the ability to know right from wrong, they won't know it's wrong to disobey me. I'll also put the talking snake (which I created myself and know to be duplicitous) in with them. Then when they listen to the snake and eat of the fruit (which I knew was going to happen since I'm omniscient) I'll blame them instead of my own worthless ass.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Creates man
expects him to fuck other animals but forgets He made them of different species, and hence non-fuckable
Realizes the screwup but forgets how he created man from dust in the first place
Needs a sample of his previous creation in the form of a rib, before being able to make the next version.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(August 2, 2015 at 10:12 am)abaris Wrote:
(August 2, 2015 at 10:01 am)dyresand Wrote: day 2 -  he couldn't see a god damned thing creates light and dark also created the moon. (didn't create a source of light till day 4, if god was so smart he would have created the sun)

God is only as smart as the people creating him. In short, not very.

^This^

Having said that, I'd like to state for the record (seriously and with not a trace of snark) that I love Genesis. Yeah, it's a strange and goofy-as-hell saga, but I think it's fun and I've always enjoyed reading it. I'm willing to cut ancient authors considerable slack when it comes to origin stories. They didn't know what they didn't know. Big deal. 

The only people who can dim my enjoyment of that book are the contemporary fuckwits who think they're reading history or the "inspired" word of their god and insist I should read it that way too. Those people could suck the fun out of a New Year's celebration at the Playboy mansion.
Personally I like that one better.

Quote: Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim.

http://norse-mythology.org/tales/norse-creation-myth/

It's also closer to home, since we Nordic Barbarians don't come from the desert after all.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I have to admit, Nordic barbarian stories are really cool.
(August 2, 2015 at 10:32 am)Crossless1 Wrote:
(August 2, 2015 at 10:12 am)abaris Wrote: God is only as smart as the people creating him. In short, not very.

^This^

Having said that, I'd like to state for the record (seriously and with not a trace of snark) that I love Genesis. Yeah, it's a strange and goofy-as-hell saga, but I think it's fun and I've always enjoyed reading it. I'm willing to cut ancient authors considerable slack when it comes to origin stories. They didn't know what they didn't know. Big deal. 

The only people who can dim my enjoyment of that book are the contemporary fuckwits who think they're reading history or the "inspired" word of their god and insist I should read it that way too. Those people could suck the fun out of a New Year's celebration at the Playboy mansion.

If you wanted to get technical origins really should have been like so

1. the heavens 

2. the stars (actual light) 

3. planets etc moons and shit 

4. life
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
So I googled what the seven days of creation were.  The first thing on the list was the following link.

This guy is a fucking moron.  Even in my deepest darkest christian days I would have laughed at his attempt to meld science and creationism together.  I hope you have a good laugh as I did.

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/sevncrea.htm
(August 2, 2015 at 11:14 am)polar bear Wrote: So I googled what the seven days of creation were.  The first thing on the list was the following link.

This guy is a fucking moron.  Even in my deepest darkest christian days I would have laughed at his attempt to meld science and creationism together.  I hope you have a good laugh as I did.

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/sevncrea.htm

You should read Genesis chapters 1 & 2.  They are very short, so I do not think it is too much to ask.  When you read them, write down the order things are created.  For Christians, I ask them to read the chapters on different days and to save the list, but for you, you can do it in one go.  Once you have the order from chapter 1, start a new list for each day of creation for chapter 2.  Once you are done, compare the lists.  You will see that they are not the same.  One does not have to get beyond 2 chapters of the Bible to reach contradictions within it.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9021 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  There are no answers in Genesis LinuxGal 248 19255 March 24, 2023 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 63540 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Genesis interpretations - how many are there? Fake Messiah 129 16832 January 22, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: donlor
  Free interpretation of the Genesis 3:5 KJV theBorg 19 3628 November 13, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: RiddledWithFear
  Genesis - The Prequel! Time Traveler 12 3230 May 17, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Love333
  Rewriting the bible part 1 - Genesis dyresand 4 1915 March 12, 2016 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Real Bible: Genesis Chapter 1 Theoretical Skeptic 25 6967 May 6, 2015 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Footnote to Genesis 3:7 daver49 35 6865 March 24, 2015 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Rewrite the Bible: Genesis 3:14-24 (with most up-to-date texts in bold) Mudhammam 0 1139 March 19, 2015 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam