Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On what model throne do you do your two?
On what model throne do you do your two?
C_L's classic Taboo of Two could be the mother ship to a whole new sub-forum here.  A fitting title might be "All Things Brown and Beautiful".  I'd like to offer this as the first satellite thread off the mother ship.

We recently sought out, purchased and had installed a Toto.  This sucker seems impervious to overflow.  In perpetually draught stricken California we have tight regulations regarding how much water you can use in a flush.  

When we first remodeled our bathroom more than twenty years ago we bought the cheapest shitter money could buy at one of the big box stores.  What a joke.  I never took a shit on that thing where I didn't flush twice.  First the load and just a few wipes.  Then all the additional paper a hirsute gentleman requires to remain clean and spiffy.

A friend recommended a Toto and we are 100% satisfied.  It doesn't flood the bowl with water when you flush.  Just a big sucking whoosh, followed by the inflow of clean water.  Never a problem.

Anyone else got a bathroom ride they recommend?
RE: On what model throne do you do your two?
Oh boy...

My seat is a floor mounted Bellavista Stylo - smell proof (as long as people remember to actually flush and I cover the part that touches the floor with silicone)

Around here, we like to buy our toilets and flushing systems in separate... at least, I do! I've seen way too many combined systems fail and become useless.
So, for flushing, I use our PT-grown OLI 2010! (actually, it came with the apartment)
Two buttons: one releases the complete tank, the other only releases while we press it. I can define how much of the tank is actually full (from 6 to 9 litres... that's... 1.58 to 2.37 gallons, if that means anything) and the manual button can release as little as a litre, just enough to flush any liquid that comes out of this family.

It's a rare dump that requires a second flushing! Smile
It's white.

I never paid that much attention to it.
I wound up with an ADA model in my can. It's 1" taller than a regular shitter. I'm tall, it seems right.

No idea the brand. As long as there is some reading material handy it be fine.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The one's that came with the house.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I never paid attention to make and model but maybe I should have. They always seem inadequate. I'm afraid I make heavy demands on a toilet.

It would be helpful if toilets were of standard shapes and sizes so they could be matched with a plunger. Perhaps most people haven't noticed but some plunger shapes are not compatible with certain bowl shapes. This is known to me because of my aforementioned heavy demands on toilets, often necessitating the need of a plunger.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Don't know the brands but my master bath has a top-button flush toilet that I hate. I like that it had a soft-close lid tho;I always put the lid down on my toilet, or any toilet I use ans having the soft close makes it so midnight tinkles don't result in a slamming lid.

The other reason I hate it is that it's bright white and right next to an almond-colored tub so it makes the tub look perpetually filthy when it's not.

The hall bath has a baby blue toilet with a typical handle flush, but I hate it because it's really low and the bowl is really weirdly elongated -it seems like more than a typical elongated bowl. On the up side, though, it doesn't clash with the almond tub it's right next to, which is more than I can say for the other commode.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(August 15, 2015 at 11:33 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I never paid attention to make and model but maybe I should have. They always seem inadequate. I'm afraid I make heavy demands on a toilet.

It would be helpful if toilets were of standard shapes and sizes so they could be matched with a plunger. Perhaps most people haven't noticed but some plunger shapes are not compatible with certain bowl shapes. This is known to me because of my aforementioned heavy demands on toilets, often necessitating the need of a plunger.

You'd never need a plunger with a Toto and I understand there are other makes that are just as good.  I ended up getting mine from Lowes. I don't intend to give it up.
American Standard!!! Anything less is just commie shit!

And seriously, poca, where you you shove your twig 'n berries when you sit on that round seat travesty?!!?!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 16, 2015 at 12:05 am)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(August 15, 2015 at 11:33 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I never paid attention to make and model but maybe I should have. They always seem inadequate. I'm afraid I make heavy demands on a toilet.

You'd never need a plunger with a Toto and I understand there are other makes that are just as good.

I have never met a toilet like that. Forgive my skepticism but I place VERY heavy demands on a toilet. My shit is special.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1262 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Not A Poll: Two People Are At A Picnic BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1721 January 10, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Two people are drowning..... ErGingerbreadMandude 40 4836 January 10, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: brewer
  Is religion the best proven business model for success? ignoramus 11 1839 December 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Can Two People Keep a Secret? Rhondazvous 41 4226 October 21, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 6662 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 10655 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Taboo of Number Two Catholic_Lady 397 26402 November 7, 2015 at 9:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are you okay with your (or your partner's) vajayjay? Whateverist 242 29809 October 9, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Madness and Mayhem charity stream: Day Two abentwookie 0 618 May 17, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: abentwookie