Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town or City for you?
Town or City for you?
I was born in a city, but I was raised in a small town.

Out in the boondocks, basically, is where I was raised. The only consolation was when I reached puberty I could appreciate the tight wrangler jeans that the guys wore. They had great asses.

Where you born, raised?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Town or City for you?
Born and raised in Sydney.

Moved to Melbourne to attend med school.

Decided I likr Melbourne and moved there after receiving a job offer.

Currently living in Wellington for a while. Kinda strange to live in a country with a million less people than the city I grew up in
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm a suburban lad.
Always some kind of city for this cat.
I don't really think you can call where I was raised from shortly after I was born (in a town), 'a town'.

I liked Portland, a lot. I like cities that have a lot of greenspace.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Grew up in/around a town of 20K in the sand hills of NE. Moved to Omaha (400k) for school, never left. If it wasn't for the 60's/70's I'd more than likely be a kowboy. Class reunion next summer. Should be strange.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Stevenage, a town of about 85,000, 30 miles from London. The first town in the UK to be classed as a 'New Town' after receiving a massive overhaul to cope with the population overspill of London after WW2. The birthplace of Lewis Hamilton, the setting for Howard's End, and a bittersweet relic of bombastic 40's and 50's zeal and short-sightedness.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Grew up on a real farm, cows and pigs and crops and much work.

5 miles from a town of 200.

50 miles from a city of 300,000.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 2, 2015 at 10:01 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Grew up on a real farm, cows and pigs and crops and much work.

5 miles from a town of 200.

50 miles from a city of 300,000.

Hot gay farm boy, ooo-la-la
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I always lived in small towns where roads are lines by trees and pastures. Four lane highways and lots of red lights are tricky business for me when I'm on the road. I'm used to living by a store, but not something like a mall or Super Walmart. I've ridden through Birmingham Alabama while someone else drove. I don't think I'd want to live in a big city. Not even sure Birmingham counts as a big city in the grand scheme of the country.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York City's video on how to survive a nuclear attack. Jehanne 50 2822 January 12, 2023 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1104 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How much do you love the town you live in? Whateverist 95 10010 July 11, 2016 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The most ridiculous city names in the US rado84 47 8588 July 16, 2015 at 1:19 am
Last Post: c172
  First experience in the big city.. Drich 21 3206 October 17, 2014 at 10:44 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  The city of Shanghai 23 years ago and now CleanShavenJesus 4 1731 August 9, 2013 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Conspiracy theory: Empire of the City? Napoléon 6 2366 July 23, 2013 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Vienna now the second largest German city. Something completely different 8 2723 July 21, 2013 at 6:08 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Oklahoma City Fucked Flat Minimalist 22 5718 May 23, 2013 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Big Blue Sky
  Recommend me a US city 5thHorseman 44 9015 October 6, 2011 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen