Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review so far of the Romans study
Review so far of the Romans study
It seems the actual thread went off in several directions, the strongest was a discussion on the validity of Paul himself as an apostle. which is fine, and i ask if you wish to discuss this post in that thread. The next biggest point of discussion was on the correlation between the differences Paul lays out in Evil and Sin. He starts in romans 1 identifying what Evil is and How God deals with Evil people. The short answer is Evil is not about what we do, but how we look at the sin. Meaning our actions have no 'evil' in them/the acts are not graded on a morality scale as most of you believe. It is our heart or love for these sinful acts that makes them/us evil. Then he gives a list of how evil is manifest in people who do not want to know God. in short something as stupid as gossip can be considered Evil if you are not willing to repent of it.

Romans 2 Paul Verfies this by telling the members of the church or potential members that Do not judge those of Romans 1 as evil, because we can not know their hearts, and you can not judge their actions because every one of the sins (Meaning the physical act) mentioned in Romans 1 (and of the evil people who commit them) is also present in the people of romans 2 (the church) The only difference is the people of romans 1 love their sin, and God has turned them over to their sins, while the people of romans 2 know what they do is wrong and want to repent of it.

Just incase you did not want to eye bleed through 50 pages of dry step by step explaination repeated over and over..

The most important take away here is 'evil acts' are not a progression declining bottom level sin. (worst of the worse) Evil is a love for sin. A love for sin that is greater than a love for God. (Which means any sin no matter how small can be evil) When this truly happens God turns the evil person over to their sin. Meaning the sinner justifies or even makes their sin apart of their 'morality.' Sin becomes right, and God's Righteousness becomes wrong.
RE: Review so far of the Romans study
Keep polishing that turd Drich Rolleyes
(November 9, 2015 at 3:13 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Keep polishing that turd Drich Rolleyes

It is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Review so far of the Romans study (tl;dr version):

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
[Image: 8bce00e2853c6e2114fa905d9e8feaba2ba1bc07...b337a5.jpg]
[Image: Dont-Feed-The-Trolls-Meme-02.jpg]
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(November 9, 2015 at 3:11 pm)Drich Wrote: It seems the actual thread went off in several directions, the strongest was a discussion on the validity of Paul himself as an apostle. which is fine, and i ask if you wish to discuss this post in that thread. The next biggest point of discussion was on the correlation between the differences Paul lays out in Evil and Sin. He starts in romans 1 identifying what Evil is and How God deals with Evil people. The short answer is Evil is not about what we do, but how we look at the sin. Meaning our actions have no 'evil' in them/the acts are not graded on a morality scale as most of you believe. It is our heart or love for these sinful acts that makes them/us evil. Then he gives a list of how evil is manifest in people who do not want to know God. in short something as stupid as gossip can be considered Evil if you are not willing to repent of it.

Romans 2 Paul Verfies this by telling the members of the church or potential members that Do not judge those of Romans 1 as evil, because we can not know their hearts, and you can not judge their actions because every one of the sins (Meaning the physical act) mentioned in Romans 1 (and of the evil people who commit them) is also present in the people of romans 2 (the church) The only difference is the people of romans 1 love their sin, and God has turned them over to their sins, while the people of romans 2 know what they do is wrong and want to repent of it.

Just incase you did not want to eye bleed through 50 pages of dry step by step explaination repeated over and over..

The most important take away here is 'evil acts' are not a progression declining bottom level sin. (worst of the worse) Evil is a love for sin. A love for sin that is greater than a love for God. (Which means any sin no matter how small can be evil) When this truly happens God turns the evil person over to their sin. Meaning the sinner justifies or even makes their sin apart of their 'morality.' Sin becomes right, and God's Righteousness becomes wrong.

if God didnt want us to sin and we will burn in hell for eternity for sinning then why did God create sin in the first place and create us to enjoy sinning ?

so " paul starts in romans 1 identifying what Evil is and How God deals with Evil people. " -  how a just and fair and loving God should "deal with evil people" is to apologize for the suffering that he created for humanity and spending the rest of eternity making up for it - not sending his confused innocent creations to eternal torture ... so the god of your bible created evil put his innocent creations in a world he allowed to be corrupted by evil and allowed the people to be deceived by evil and sin and then is going to judge them for sinning and being decieved by the evil that he put here ...

ok go on Rolleyes
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
(November 9, 2015 at 4:08 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(November 9, 2015 at 3:11 pm)Drich Wrote: It seems the actual thread went off in several directions, the strongest was a discussion on the validity of Paul himself as an apostle. which is fine, and i ask if you wish to discuss this post in that thread. The next biggest point of discussion was on the correlation between the differences Paul lays out in Evil and Sin. He starts in romans 1 identifying what Evil is and How God deals with Evil people. The short answer is Evil is not about what we do, but how we look at the sin. Meaning our actions have no 'evil' in them/the acts are not graded on a morality scale as most of you believe. It is our heart or love for these sinful acts that makes them/us evil. Then he gives a list of how evil is manifest in people who do not want to know God. in short something as stupid as gossip can be considered Evil if you are not willing to repent of it.

if God didnt want us to sin and we will burn in hell for eternity for sinning then why did God create sin in the first place and create us to enjoy sinning ?

It's a test....

Dodgy

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(November 9, 2015 at 4:13 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(November 9, 2015 at 4:08 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: if God didnt want us to sin and we will burn in hell for eternity for sinning then why did God create sin in the first place and create us to enjoy sinning ?

It's a test....

Dodgy

lol it seems like there should be a lot more atheists than there are :p
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
Quote: if God didnt want us to sin and we will burn in hell for eternity for sinning then why did God create sin in the first place and create us to enjoy sinning ?

He's a dick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Luther didn't know about Romans 1,1-17 SeniorCitizen 1 373 November 20, 2023 at 11:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How far reaching are God's powers? Fake Messiah 332 17185 November 25, 2020 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evangelicals, Trump and a Quick Bible Study DeistPaladin 52 4549 November 9, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6383 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Bibe Study 2: Questionable Morality Rhondazvous 30 2698 May 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 5301 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Atheist Bible Study 1: Genesis GrandizerII 614 63448 March 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 1929 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2102 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Biblical Christianity 101, a study of the book of Romans Drich 633 88418 December 14, 2015 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: KevinM1