Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who made whom?
Who made whom?
Did God make man in his (God's) image or did man make God in his (man's) image? Dead Horse  Shitfan  ROFLOL
Robert
Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.

RE: Who made whom?
For someone so beyond our understanding, Yahweh seems to have a lot of Human qualities about him. The only difference between him and any other Human is that he's more powerful.

Is there any god that isn't Humanoid? So all these different gods decided to make Man in their image. That's quite the coincidence.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

That's exactly why the FSM is the one true god.
He wasn't made in anybody's image.
(He sacrificed himself in a pot of boiling water so we can no longer feel hungry)

Praise our noodly appendage.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'm going with option #2.

'Men rarely - if ever - manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.' - Robert Heinlein

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Man made god the way man wants to see himself.
(November 17, 2015 at 7:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Man made god the way man wants to see himself.

Truer words were never spoken. This is why Odin possesses all the virtues of the Norse and Zeus possesses all the virtues of the Greeks and - but you get the picture.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Just curious, was Zeus meant to be gay?
It was all the rage on Mt Olympia at the time.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I think he just had sex with women. The greeks were so pro gay that I've heard they thought yu couldn't even become a man until you drank enough of a man's cum. Yet their father of gods wasn't gay.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 17, 2015 at 7:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 17, 2015 at 7:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Man made god the way man wants to see himself.

Truer words were never spoken.  This is why Odin possesses all the virtues of the Norse and Zeus possesses all the virtues of the Greeks and - but you get the picture.

Boru

Minor, minor gripe.  Odin -doesn't- possess all the virtues of the norse.  He would be, by their standards, and was depicted as incredibly un-virtuous.  What he had was a singular virtue, which he would sacrifice anything for. Thor is closer, possessing a great many of the things they seemed to have seen as virtuous, but lacking in a few crucial areas. Zues was depicted as a tyrant. A terrible, terrible bastard. Long story short, the greeks and norse were better authors. They understood the narrative power of a flawed character. So, it seems, did they jews.......but you couldn't tell that if you asked a christian about the jewish god.

(to clarify, Odin thirsted for knowledge to the expense of anyone and anything, even himself, particularly knowledge that no one should have. Thor was a rabble rousing anyman who also happened to be a cross dressing dimwit.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 17, 2015 at 6:29 pm)Passive Atheist Wrote: Did God make man in his (God's) image or did man make God in his (man's) image? Dead Horse  Shitfan  ROFLOL
The God character in the Bible was simply the series of men who ruled the dominant Middle Eastern empire in ancient times.  "God" was just a title used to denote the current big wig.  Why do you think he has so much dialogue?

The invisible celestial deity is actually mentioned only a few times.  He doesn't have any dialogue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2223 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Cartoon I made poking fun at Religion! shawnmcdaniel1 19 2892 September 9, 2021 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What made you become an atheist? Atomic Lava 69 6184 December 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What made you become an atheist? Handprint 170 46266 October 3, 2018 at 5:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  Made a preacherman run away. Gawdzilla Sama 19 3435 December 3, 2017 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot Manowar 6 2714 June 25, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1948 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4692 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5447 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What made you an atheist? Socratic Meth Head 42 5097 April 9, 2016 at 2:49 am
Last Post: robvalue