Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made a preacherman run away.
Made a preacherman run away.
Currently in hospital with double pneumonia (A) and influenza. (Yes, I got my shots, in October.)

This place is "Mercy Hospital". Used to be "St. John's Mercy Hospital". Changed a year or so ago, probably a "branding" decision. 

Yesterday one of the Chaplains came round. He had a fancy coat with lots of "flare". (Didn't count.) He started off hesitantly,  "I noticed you listed 'none' under 'religious preferences', is that any spiritual philosophy or organization that you recognize?"

I gave him the buy-eye and said "No" in my best CPO voice. He turned and ran. 

Always a bright spot. 

Nap #9 of today's 24 due. L8R.
RE: Made a preacherman run away.
I hope you'll get better. Congrats for scarying that preacher away! Clap
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
Offhand I'd say the shots didn't work.

Good to know that you've still got the strength to chase off an asshole.
Get well soon! If you were better, you could have literally chased him away.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Hope you feel better soon!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(December 3, 2017 at 11:58 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Currently in hospital with double pneumonia (A) and influenza. (Yes, I got my shots, in October.)

This place is "Mercy Hospital". Used to be "St. John's Mercy Hospital". Changed a year or so ago, probably a "branding" decision. 

Yesterday one of the Chaplains came round. He had a fancy coat with lots of "flare". (Didn't count.) He started off hesitantly,  "I noticed you listed 'none' under 'religious preferences', is that any spiritual philosophy or organization that you recognize?"

I gave him the buy-eye and said "No" in my best CPO voice. He turned and ran. 

Always a bright spot. 

Nap #9 of today's 24 due. L8R.

Good for you! When my mom was in the nursing home, I simply let her do her thing and stepped out. But I'd do the same in your place if it were me, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.  Not everybody buys that crap.

An early notch came when my Dr. in Indiana OD'd me on oxycontin. (I was in a fog from day one.) While recovering I was in hospital and had a urinal event going. The hospital chaplain, a woman, steamed into my room without knocking.

"Hi, I'm our chaplain! How's it going?

"It ain't, and if it doesn't they'll have to put a catheter in it."

She looked at the sheet tentage and realized I had my dick in my hand right then.

She never visited me again.
Isn't it wonderful when the religious automatically think everybody believes the same as them, or will if they just bet a chance to talk to you. 

Electing "none" to them still means that you believe in god, you're just a lost sheep. They can't help themselves.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 3, 2017 at 1:53 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Isn't it wonderful when the religious automatically think everybody believes the same as them, or will if they just bet a chance to talk to you. 

Electing "none" to them still means that you believe in god, you're just a lost sheep. They can't help themselves.

"Not all who wander are lost."

[Image: photo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7037 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  I have made a new YouTube video about afterlife... FlatAssembler 32 2214 July 12, 2022 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Photo Cartoon I made poking fun at Religion! shawnmcdaniel1 19 2890 September 9, 2021 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What made you become an atheist? Atomic Lava 69 6152 December 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What made you become an atheist? Handprint 170 46221 October 3, 2018 at 5:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christianity Made Me Talk Like An Idiot Manowar 6 2698 June 25, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1945 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4688 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  I Walked Away From Christianity, but How do I Walk Away From My Family? Rhondazvous 14 2810 October 31, 2016 at 2:57 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5443 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus