Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me, bunnies and God update
Me, bunnies and God update
I just had a little chat with my bunnies and they made some very interesting points. Last night a cat wailing outside upset the rabbits, the rabbits starting stomping which upset our dog, and our dog starting barking which woke us up!

http://youtu.be/Jo_fRXVfE4k
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Me, bunnies and God update
Have you tried the mushrooms?

What did you do to the cat?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
No, we had to pull all the mushrooms up! They were growing on top of a tree stump, and we didn't realize they had suddenly spread all down the side of it. We only figured out that's what it was when we caught her in the act! Good thing we saw her and noticed all the new mushrooms or it could have gone on indefinitely.

I have no idea what the cat was moaning about outside. They tend to stare at each other across the car park and make the weirdest noises like they're being strangled Shock
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
That toy is the best thing ever invented for rabbits. :o
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
Yeah, they love it! Jasmine sometimes picks the whole thing up and throws it around too Smile

Index of my best videos
"fuck yo carrots!" Tongue

Man, i really need to get me some rabbits, they're so fluffy and cute Big Grin
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
They are so cute.
To anyone thinking about getting rabbits: Of course the decision is yours, but please consider getting some from a rescue centre rather than a breeder Smile

The rabbits have certainly enriched our lives. Even when we're not peering at them or stroking them, we're talking about them!

I would recommend getting a bonded pair (male and female) who have be neutered. Bonding them yourself is really hard work! We found that out the hard way Smile I've learnt a lot more about rabbits since we've had them, including that neutering is important not just to stop unwanted litters but for health reasons. Females have an extremely high chance (80%) of getting fatal tumours if they don't have the operation.

Sorry for the rant Big Grin

Here's an older video I made that new members probably haven't seen! Apologies for the background noise, I'm so dense I didn't realize my neighbour was carving up bodies with a chainsaw at the time.

http://youtu.be/m09Tgl-2Jb4

Index of my best videos
(January 21, 2016 at 3:38 am)robvalue Wrote: To anyone thinking about getting rabbits: Of course the decision is yours, but please consider getting some from a rescue centre rather than a breeder Smile

I would always get my pets from a rescue centre first anyway, my cat was adopted from one of those. And don't worry about the "rant", some interesting facts I genuinely didn't know - especially the tumour part.
That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that Smile All our pets have come from rescues too.

Yes, the tumour thing is sadly not well known at all, and so many bunnies die needlessly. The owners probably won't even know why. We rehomed one from a friend after they couldn't take care of her anymore, and it turned out she hadn't been neutered. We took her straight up the vet to be done, but it was too late Sad Even appearing mainly outwardly healthy, she had tumours too far progressed and she didn't last long.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe it is time for an update? Brian37 17 894 July 15, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  [Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 10 2167 September 7, 2017 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 44 10615 September 3, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Medical update BrokenQuill92 102 7826 May 16, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Where things stand (baby news update from the geneticist) Catholic_Lady 17 2922 December 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Hello and an Update Catholic_Lady 44 3596 September 18, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Life Update BrokenQuill92 16 2379 July 14, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Athene
  My boring thread: An update on school Joods 93 10377 May 2, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Update On My Sister's Family (The Fire) Shell B 11 4116 June 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Custody Battle Update Thingy Erinome 67 17413 March 10, 2012 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko