Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and an Update
Hello and an Update
Hey guys. I hope you all are doing well. 

First off I wanted to start out by saying we may have our differences, but I will never forget the amount of support, well wishes, and advice I got from everyone here in regards to my pregnancy... not only when I found out I was pregnant unexpectedly, but also during the course of my pregnancy while I was so horribly sick for so long and on the verge of going into a depression. Thank you for that. And that is why, even though I am no longer an active member, I think ya'll deserve to know that I lost the baby at 23 1/2 weeks gestation just this past weekend. It is hard to find words to describe the event, so I will copy and paste exactly what I wrote on facebook:  

Quote:This past Friday, August 12, I delivered our baby boy at 23 weeks after our doctor couldn't find a heart beat at our OB appointment the day before. We have known for about a month now that this day would come - that the baby would not make it to term. We just didn't know when it would happen. 
Last month, two days after learning the baby was a boy, we were made aware that something was not right with his 18 week sonogram. Upon further examination, we learned the placenta was insufficient and not properly nourishing him. He was not growing and developing properly and it was only a matter of time before his little heart couldn't take it anymore. 
I chose not to see him the day he was delivered, as I'd much rather remember him by the sonogram picture below. It represents happier times. It was the sonogram when I found out he was a boy, and it was also the last sonogram we had before we knew we would not be having a healthy baby. His face is on the right, and you can just barely see his eyes and mouth. His chest is on the left and he has both arms raised up by his head.
He was all curled up into a ball that day and the sonographer had a hard time trying to get him to move for a better view of his bottom. That's when I knew he would be just like his dad, who is so laid back and calm, and sleeps so still without moving. 
We were originally planning to name our first boy Sebastian Luke, but after learning of the circumstances we decided to go with Joseph Paul. Saint Joseph is the patron saint of unborn babies, and Paul means "little." I take comfort in knowing that the first face he will see is the face of Jesus and that he will never have to suffer. Not for a single moment.

[Image: 18yhul.jpg]

Thanks again for everything. I was not always the ideal member nor was I always in good graces with everyone, but I sincerely wish nothing but the best for all of you.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Hello and an Update
-> PM
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm very sorry this has happened Sad
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I will always fight religious logic tooth and nail verbally only. If our species never questioned social norms, our species never would have left the caves. But above all that, I always will value the fact no matter what all 7 billion of us are still the same species. Logic and facts have to be debated and and questioned, but our species does not have to come to violence in that process.

Nobody here that I have seen would ever wish you ill, even if what you claim makes us want to pull our hair out.
I don't know what to say CL. I'm so sorry that you had to endure that kind of ordeal, and I wish you absolutely nothing but the best.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
That's terrible news. For what it's worth, you have my sympathies. I hope that knowing you have support, even in strange places, helps you in this trying time.
Sum ergo sum
I am very sorry to hear this. There are no words I can find to possibly hope to comfort you somehow. I just hope you pull through.
Damn...for what little good my words are worth, I'm really sorry you had to experience that.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I'm new here so I haven't met you, but my heart goes out to you. I don't care what you believe. I'm shedding some tears for you anyway.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I'm sorry you ever felt the need to leave is, but hopefully you are in the embrace of good friends and family, no matter their walk. Unimaginably tough time.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe it is time for an update? Brian37 17 908 July 15, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  [Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 10 2206 September 7, 2017 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...) Somecoolguy 44 10639 September 3, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Medical update BrokenQuill92 102 7899 May 16, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Where things stand (baby news update from the geneticist) Catholic_Lady 17 2939 December 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Life Update BrokenQuill92 16 2411 July 14, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Athene
  My boring thread: An update on school Joods 93 10462 May 2, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Me, bunnies and God update robvalue 14 1756 January 23, 2016 at 7:23 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Update On My Sister's Family (The Fire) Shell B 11 4130 June 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Custody Battle Update Thingy Erinome 67 17542 March 10, 2012 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko