Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ammon Bundy, six others arrested
Ammon Bundy, six others arrested
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...paign=news

Ammon Bundy and a bunch of his friends were arrested tonight.

Apparently only one of the Y'allqueda militants lived up to his word that he'd not go without a fight. He was killed in the operation.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Ammon Bundy, six others arrested
The dead guy is reported to have been LaVoy Finnicum, or the main under the blue tarp.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Alright!

FBI - 1
Hooligans - 0
Can't say I agree with their tactics, but this kind of comes down to a grazing issue, where it all started. The guys burned some land to build a fire berm to prevent move grazing land from being burned which the cattle were grazing on. This of course is federal land, which you would think belongs to the people of the US, but it really doesnt. Citizens are given grazing rights, which in some cases have been grandfathered in since before the federal government acquired the land, but are now being told they can't use the land.
The land does belong to the people. That doesn't mean however that everyone can bring their cows to come and graze on the land. They have to pay their fees. Cliven Bundy hadn't paid his fees (or the fines) for twenty one years. You can't just ignore the government fees because you disagree with them.

Not surprised to hear that some of them have been arrested. I know a lot of people were hoping these were the people who would LEAD THE REVOLUTION. Cause you know, that's such a great way for a revolution to start.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(January 27, 2016 at 2:03 am)Cecelia Wrote: The land does belong to the people.  That doesn't mean however that everyone can bring their cows to come and graze on the land.  They have to pay their fees.  Cliven Bundy hadn't paid his fees (or the fines) for twenty one years.  You can't just ignore the government fees because you disagree with them.

Not surprised to hear that some of them have been arrested.  I know a lot of people were hoping these were the people who would LEAD THE REVOLUTION.  Cause you know, that's such a great way for a revolution to start.

Not quite true. There are surface rights, vs underground rights like ground water. In some states you can own the land, but can't collect ground water, or rain water.

I suppose it's kind of related to property rights or taxes. You can buy a house and pay off the house to the bank, if you don't pay the property taxes, you lose the property including the house. That's the problem. No one actually owns the land. We simply rent it from the federal government, or state which owns it and the mineral rights. There are more legal issues.
I'm talking publicly owned lands. Federal Land. Not private property.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(January 27, 2016 at 1:17 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...paign=news

Ammon Bundy and a bunch of his friends were arrested tonight.

Apparently only one of the Y'allqueda militants lived up to his word that he'd not go without a fight. He was killed in the operation.

I don't know what federal law is but I do know many state and county laws have it that if someone dies in the commission of a felony even if you don't fire a gun yourself or kill someone, you can be charged as if you shot the person yourself.
(January 27, 2016 at 1:55 am)scoobysnack Wrote: Can't say I agree with their tactics, but this kind of comes down to a grazing issue, where it all started. The guys burned some land to build a fire berm to prevent move grazing land from being burned which the cattle were grazing on. This of course is federal land, which you would think belongs to the people of the US, but it really doesnt. Citizens are given grazing rights, which in some cases have been grandfathered in since before the federal government acquired the land, but are now being told they can't use the land.

Federal public land DOES belong to the tax payers, so do national parks. Highways are also tax payer funded, but they STILL have regulations. 18 wheelers CAN drive on public highways, but still have to meet weight regulations and pay tolls on toll roads like any other driver.

These guys were thieves, nothing less. Lots of other ranchers nationwide OBEY the law and pay grazing fees. They were failing as a business and were looking to cheat.
Also, lets not pretend like grazing fees are there so the money hungry government can keep us at bay. They are literally there to at least allay 1/4 of the cost of maintaining the land.

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS21232.pdf

The government has been selling federal land to settlers and farmers since the inception of the United States.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caroline Farrow got arrested, spending 5 hours in jail. Jehanne 2 658 October 18, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Man Arrested for owning guns. onlinebiker 133 6578 July 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7142 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Assange Arrested. Brian37 45 4106 April 11, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Baltimore, MD - Husband and daughter arrested for murder of Jacquelyn Smith EgoDeath 0 421 March 5, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Kid arrested for not standing for pledge... Brian37 110 8060 February 22, 2019 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Ammon Joy Brian37 9 478 December 3, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Breaking: Prince Walid Bin Talal arrested WinterHold 7 2538 November 16, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Bundy Militia Dipwads Found ‘Not’ Guilty, Again, Due To Pre-Existing Whiteness By Do The Grand Nudger 8 1633 August 23, 2017 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Man gets arrested for offending random woman by asking "Are you a mom?" ErGingerbreadMandude 74 24201 June 23, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Shell B