Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Party Falling Apart?
Republican Party Falling Apart?
Meg Whitman, the CEO of Hewlett-Packard who had an official role with Gov. Chris Christie's now-suspended presidential campaign, called his endorsement of Trump, "an astonishing display of political opportunism."

This amazing quote from a high level official in Christie's campaign shows just how fucked up the Republican party is. They are at the point of civil war. This is terrific news because it signals the breakup of the lock the Religious Reich has had on the party. I'm hopeful the Republicans will morph to a reasonable alternative to the Democratic party. It sucks to only have one choice.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Republican Party Falling Apart?
(February 28, 2016 at 8:59 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Meg Whitman, the CEO of Hewlett-Packard who had an official role with Gov. Chris Christie's now-suspended presidential campaign, called his endorsement of Trump, "an astonishing display of political opportunism."

Chris Christie's an exemplary corruptionist by all accounts. I'm pretty sure, she's got a point, but what does that say about her, other than the old saying of "non olet"? As long as Christie was paying the bills, she kept quiet.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Both parties are kind of falling apart. 35%+ of the democratic vote is going to a lifelong independent. I honestly can't believe the Trump situation though. It's like some strange anti-reality. I mean what the fuck? What the fuck? Average of the last national polls has Clinton only up by 2.5% against Trump too. Are we only 2.5% away from a president Trump????
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(February 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Both parties are kind of falling apart. 35%+ of the democratic vote is going to a lifelong independent.

That's a bit of a misleading statement. Whilst Sanders was a lifelong independent until he ran for the Democratic nomination, he supported the Democrats whilst in office. He even won the Democratic primary for the US Senate seat in Vermont, before declining the nomination to run as an independent (which the Democratic party accepted and then endorsed Sanders so that no Democratic nominee would be on the ballot).

That, and if Clinton wins the nomination, I fully expect Sanders to endorse her, whereas I do not expect Cruz and Rubio to so easily endorse Trump.
(February 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Both parties are kind of falling apart. 35%+ of the democratic vote is going to a lifelong independent. I honestly can't believe the Trump situation though. It's like some strange anti-reality. I mean what the fuck? What the fuck? Average of the last national polls has Clinton only up by 2.5% against Trump too. Are we only 2.5% away from a president Trump????

Trump is the racist America needs now.
Troll moar.
(February 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Both parties are kind of falling apart. 35%+ of the democratic vote is going to a lifelong independent. I honestly can't believe the Trump situation though. It's like some strange anti-reality. I mean what the fuck? What the fuck? Average of the last national polls has Clinton only up by 2.5% against Trump too. Are we only 2.5% away from a president Trump????

No. Trump has something like 25% support of Hispanics. That is certainly not likely to improve. I don't know what his rating is with blacks but it's probably even worse. You can't win the general election like that. Trump is not elected for President. No way.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 28, 2016 at 9:42 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: No. Trump has something like 25% support of Hispanics. That is certainly not likely to improve. I don't know what his rating is with blacks but it's probably even worse. You can't win the general election like that. Trump is not elected for President. No way.

Unfortunately, the majority in forty-six states are non-hispanic whites (according to Wikipedia), so yes, you can win the general election like that. The Hispanic and black vote might make it close, but it by no means undermines his chance of success.
(February 28, 2016 at 9:42 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:

No. Trump has something like 25% support of Hispanics. That is certainly not likely to improve. I don't know what his rating is with blacks but it's probably even worse. You can't win the general election like that. Trump is not elected for President. No way.

There aren't that many blacks in the Blue States so their votes don't really matter.  There are more Hispanics in some of the Blue States but a heavy Repub turnout can easily counter them.  Hillary might not be able to turn out the Dem voters.
(February 28, 2016 at 9:45 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(February 28, 2016 at 9:42 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: No. Trump has something like 25% support of Hispanics. That is certainly not likely to improve. I don't know what his rating is with blacks but it's probably even worse. You can't win the general election like that. Trump is not elected for President. No way.

Unfortunately, the majority in forty-six states are non-hispanic whites (according to Wikipedia), so yes, you can win the general election like that. The Hispanic and black vote might make it close, but it by no means undermines his chance of success.

It doesn't matter what the majority is. Nobody is winning 100% of the majority. Estimites are that a candidate needs 47% of the Latino vote to win. If you're Trump, you have to make up that huge deficit somewhere. Where? Blacks love the Clintons. White males will probably favor Trump but females will favor Hillary by at least the same margin. Where do the Trump voters come from that put him over the top?

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1450 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 714 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 265 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1077 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 568 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1434 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1028 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Saudi Arabia is falling, It's all over WinterHold 37 4107 January 27, 2019 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 603 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1404 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger