Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaurs and the bible
Dinosaurs and the bible
Why doesn't the bible mention anything about dinosaurs... I mean i'm sure if christianity wasnt just some random made up bullshit it would have said something about moses walking up on a huge ass tyrannosaurus..... Man did exsist during that time era right?... And if not i would still assume the bible would have some kind of mention on dinosaurs in it...
RE: Dinosaurs and the bible
Some kind of mention could be book of Job 39-42. It mentions beasts laying eggs, Behemoth, Leviathan, scales, fiery breath. These are descriptions of dragons, but there is no reason to rule out that what they meant were dinosaurs.

Now even though I'm not a believer, if I were to be one and if I had read that in the bible and then saw dinosaur bones in a museum, I would have no problem leaping to the conclusion that that is what was written about in the bible.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(July 23, 2010 at 5:51 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Some kind of mention could be book of Job 39-42. It mentions beasts laying eggs, Behemoth, Leviathan, scales, fiery breath. These are descriptions of dragons, but there is no reason to rule out that what they meant were dinosaurs.

Now even though I'm not a believer, if I were to be one and if I had read that in the bible and then saw dinosaur bones in a museum, I would have no problem leaping to the conclusion that that is what was written about in the bible.

Aaaah, I just read it.. That would be a pretty far conclusion to leap too though. But then again... They believe in a bearded man that will send you to heaven to live for an eternity and have anything you'd possibly ever want as long as you believe and worship him.... In the bible it clearly states god doesnt judge by character or deeds... But how hard you worship and how much faith you have in him(sounds like a Douche bag).. Jack and the beanstalk is a more believable fairy tale in my opinion..
(July 23, 2010 at 6:21 am)AndHeSaidLetThereBeLight Wrote: Aaaah, I just read it.. That would be a pretty far conclusion to leap too though.

Sure, but if you have the luxury of shoehorning facts into a passage that can mean anything it you can make anything fit. You asked for an example where it had some kind of mention in it, there it is.

Quote:Jack and the beanstalk is a more believable fairy tale in my opinion..

I don't know, I've never believed either one.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Dinosaurs and man did not exist at the same time. We know this to be at least 99% true... and only because 100% true is nearly impossible. Those that believe the planet is less than 10 thousand years old have been forced to accept that dinosaurs absolutely did exist, so they force them into their belief system, claiming that they existed along with man... and that scientific dating techniques must be wrong. I think most of them know better than that, but they certainly can't admit it to anyone, including themselves.
Either that or God put them here to test our faith.
I think God put you here to test my faith, dude.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It just cracks me up when these people do mental backflips to make their fairy tales fit with reality.

"Yes! Dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible! And man and dinosaurs lived at the same time! And dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark! "

And these people are imbeciles. But what truly bothers me is that they teach this shit to their kids. Stupidity passed down through the generations!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
There's been a great video done on the topic of whether or not "behemoth" is a dinosaur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idC0yxmpc...0OC4WPHcEo
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Too much of that hard science stuff for the bible-thumping morons, John. You know them...they like things simple.
They like things simplistic!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44072 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Ken Ham Explains Dinosaurs Nope 21 5611 June 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7437 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Dinosaurs atheist04330 15 1836 July 24, 2014 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Dumb Fuck Creatard Insists Dinosaurs Were On the Fucking Ark Minimalist 50 19283 April 26, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Students taught humans coexisted with dinosaurs DiRNiS 30 9063 August 3, 2010 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The_Flying_Skeptic
  The Bible and its fallacies and contradictions superstarr 52 20670 June 14, 2010 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: nickos777