Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist thinker, or ignorant believer?
Atheist thinker, or ignorant believer?
This point got me all worked up; thinking about it..
Atheists are viewed as the "anti-religion" type of people; a religious regime's worst nightmare if I can say, actually to know and make sure, see how religious regimes suppress them; and you'll. I saw lots of examples in the acts of Iran and Saudi Arabia. (mainly, destroying the faith means destroying the drug used to control the people and keep them in line; keeping the regime in power; so :Smile it's not necessarily coming out of true belief and faith. 

But spending my time here, and quite a long time, I came to the conclusion that the real threat on religion; is many of THE IGNORANT RELIGIOUS.

I have to be honest..ignorant religious people bring doom to their faith, because their false understanding and lack of vision creates more and more atheists. Here, I'll give an example by the religious stream that is called "Salafi Muslims".

Because of "Sunni Salafi Muslims", many people came to hate the religion, even me at first; I was so close from hitting full atheism; I actually hated God; I grew up in religious schools and to be honest; saw hell on terms of thought and mentality, I saw that the biggest damage -ever- on the faith didn't come from Marylin Manson, or the other atheist society, it actually came from this type of Muslims.

Christianity won't be of any difference; Christians too have their ignorant bunch..

I would say, people should follow logic and sense..it will lead them to a good place..ignorance is the biggest enemy to anyone, and anything, even to atheists themselves.

But for religious people, to blame the irreligious, for the mistakes of ignorant religious people, who blindly follow things EVEN IF THEY WERE WRONG? 
Excuse me if I was offended..
RE: Atheist thinker, or ignorant believer?
Yeah...

Religion is somewhat self destructive. It's based on different groups of people just making wildly different claims, none of which are based on anything real. When two very vocal religions clash, there's going to be sparks.

I know you think you have special formula and the "true version" of the "true religion", but I'm afraid you're just another theist out of the millions who all think the exact same thing. The reasoning you use is the same as what they use. You just see it more clearly when it's someone else making wild unsubstantiated claims. I have a lot of respect for you though, you're coming incredibly close to clarity. Closer than any theist has come in all the time I've been in the forum. Your thinking has advanced a whole lot.

You're right, atheists aren't in general trying to "tear down religion". That's a minority. Most of them, in my experience, just want religion calmed down so that it doesn't have special privelege and cause harm. Religion exposes itself for what it is just fine without needing any help from us.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well, the great thing about lies is that they aren't real.
[Image: tumblr_nvrbfbDXgM1u0bifgo1_400.jpg]
(May 1, 2016 at 4:24 am)maestroanth Wrote: Well, the great thing about lies is that they aren't real.

Ohhh but they're very real.....replete with a destructive will all their own!
The thing about lies is that even though they may come to light later as being just that, they are very much perceived as truth in order to destroy.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 17, 2016 at 11:36 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: The thing about lies is that even though they may come to light later as being just that, they are very much perceived as truth in order to destroy.

So...in a perverse way, one can also interpret this as it's truth that causes destruction....or 'perceived truth' whatever that difference is supposed to be...
[Image: tumblr_nvrbfbDXgM1u0bifgo1_400.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think you'd still be a believer if the bible were more pleasant/accurate? Cecelia 53 7023 May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Worst Thing Said to You for Being a Non-believer Strider 18 8228 October 12, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Some questions about heaven and hell (for any believer) Dystopia 26 6116 June 17, 2015 at 4:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
Video Most ignorant thing a Christian has told you Mental Outlaw 64 10730 March 1, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Critical thinker, skeptical about atheism. Antikytherian95 94 10767 December 22, 2014 at 11:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ignorant Classmates abtaylor 11 2786 May 5, 2014 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Coffee Jesus
  True believer, good feels, meaning and masochism. tor 4 1818 March 22, 2014 at 9:21 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  "You were never a true believer, then." Creed of Heresy 15 7426 June 23, 2012 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  When did you first start becoming a "Non-Believer"? Quoteunquot3 29 11960 June 17, 2012 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  As a non-believer, how do I mentally let go of things beyond my control??... dave4shmups 31 13478 February 20, 2011 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet