Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British MP Shot
British MP Shot
British MP Jo Cox has been shot and stabbed in Birstall, West Yorkshire
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
RE: British MP Shot
Shot 3 times, air evac'd, doesn't sound good . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Shooter named locally as Tommy Mair
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
(June 16, 2016 at 11:08 am)Ashground Wrote: Shooter named locally as Tommy Mair

Since I'm not familar with British MPs - did she hold controversial positions to set some nutjob off?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Odd. That doesn't sound like a muslim name...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)abaris Wrote:

Since I'm not familar with British MPs - did she hold controversial positions to set some nutjob off?

There are rumors on the internet already that the shooter was shouting something which I won't repeat here as it hasn't been confirmed.

But, no. Not really.

She was on the Remain campaign but I hope that was nothing to do with it
(June 16, 2016 at 11:15 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:

Odd. That doesn't sound like a muslim name...

White, bald, 52.
(June 16, 2016 at 11:05 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Shot 3 times, air evac'd, doesn't sound good . . .

Yeah, she's probably gonna die.

Sad.
(June 16, 2016 at 11:20 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Yeah, she's probably gonna die.

Sad.

As long as she's not gone, there's always hope. That American rep made it too after being shot in the head by some nutter in front of a mall.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Holy shit Sad

Sounds like the work of an insane person from what I can gather. What a tragedy.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British MP Amess stabbed to death onlinebiker 28 2948 October 16, 2021 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2424 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7481 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 7526 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3166 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  British woman exposed to Soviet nerve agent dies. Anomalocaris 10 1560 July 10, 2018 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Member of Congress Among 5 Reportedly Shot at Baseball Field Aegon 284 94228 June 18, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Report: British Teen Sex Slaves Fed Into Meat Grinders By Muslims scoobysnack 27 8054 May 22, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  'New IRA' says it shot police officer in Belfast account_inactive 7 1789 January 30, 2017 at 2:31 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  2016 Parting Shot BrianSoddingBoru4 1 600 January 1, 2017 at 9:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89