Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not headlineworthy in the USA?
Not headlineworthy in the USA?
Turkey attacks Kurdish held settlements in Syria. The Kurds, the only one having at least some success fighting ISIL and the only mainly secular force there. Turns out, several dozens of civilians killed over Erdogan's dick issues.

Quote:Turkish airstrikes and artillery 'kill at least 35 civilians in Syria'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/a...ians-syria
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Not headlineworthy in the USA?
???  It's in my newsfeed, I'm in the USA. Pretty much par for the course in the region - at present- isn't it? Hell, it isn't even a new thing...Turkey hasn't been on good terms /w the kurds at any point in my memory (and vv). Now that they;re talking about keeping their spoils (as in the cities they take in the fight against ISIS)...as a psuedo-kurdistan, it's pretty much a given that turkey will lose their shit over it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I haven't watched the news since '03.
Title is a little bit and intentionally provocative. Because noone so far picked up on it. It doesn't matter if Turkey is on good terms with the Kurds. If we are out to fight ISIS, we bloody well need the Kurds. Even more so, since they are the only ones capturing settlements occupied by ISIS and because we know shit about all the other obscure groups and their ultimate goals.

So Turkey is basically fucking the combined goal right now. But that doesn't seem to be of any interest to the American public. Maybe so because there have been some news these last few days of the American government giving Turkey carte blanche for doing what they're doing. If true, and I have no reason to doubt our more serious networks, this is the equivalent of fucking themselves up the ass.
It's the kind of thing that's on the major news sites in the U.S., but only if you scroll down past the first page of trump quotes and local shootings.

Erdogan is a rather, how to put this, terrible awful gross person, yes?
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
People in the middle east killing each other is not news, in the sense of "dog bites man is not news....man bites dog IS news."
Yes, you're right. of course. That's not newsworthy. A NATO member state and supposed ally in the fight against ISIS attacking the one and only faction that had some success isn't newsworthy at all. Let's hear it for international stupidity and the craving to be fucked up the ass by a wannabe dictator.
Here's the headlines from CNN a few moments ago.

Quote:NBA superstar Dwyane Wade's cousin shot dead
1 rescued, 2 missing after plane crashes in Lake Pontchartrain
Chicago police apologize to Oscar winner
10-year-old girl killed in gruesome murder
Southwest flight makes emergency landing after engine fails
Mom: "Drug policy is the reason people are dying"
The growing fear of the 'kill pill'
NYC heroin bust makes big dent in epidemic
Governor goes on profanity-laced tirade
Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
See tornado flatten Starbucks
Video captures dramatic shootout at gas station Living with overactive bladder

I honestly don't think many people care about Syria.  It's a very complicated situation and we don't do "complicated" well at all.
(August 28, 2016 at 5:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: People in the middle east killing each other is not news, in the sense of "dog bites man is not news....man bites dog IS news."

They INVENTED organized warfare in the Middle East.  Dodgy
I've seen reportage of it ... But then, I only get my news online.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1595 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Western USA wildfires Jackalope 2 237 September 13, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  What is happening in USA? SaStrike 80 8114 March 12, 2018 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Just to show, who's boots we're licking in the EU, as well as in the USA abaris 9 2612 January 4, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
Big Grin Hate-speech campaigner sent back to USA Aractus 14 3097 October 13, 2015 at 4:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  China surpassed the USA KUSA 12 2941 October 9, 2014 at 8:48 am
Last Post: bladevalant546