Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:20 am

Poll: What would you do?
This poll is closed.
I would extend my wrist to him and invite him to take a bite.
80.00%
4 80.00%
I would panic, tell him to fuck off or simply refuse him politely.
0%
0 0%
I don't know.
0%
0 0%
None of the above.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thought experiment - Vampirism
Thought experiment - Vampirism
Say, one lonely night, a vampire visits you. He proves to you that he's a vampire. And he offers you the gift of vampirism.

Immortality. Supernatural strength and speed. 

Your natural abilities and assets, whatever they are, improved tenfold. 

You become smarter and better in every way. You probably become invincible as well, he's been a vampire since 1574, he hasn't found out about a way to die yet. There are many other vampires out there, you won't necessarily live a lonely existence. You can go in a deep sleep for as long as you want whenever you get bored of existence as a vampire.

You don't have to feed, but you'll want to. You can find ways to feed without killing or harming humans, however.

You can easily pass as a human whenever you want, so you'll be able to fit in very easily. No one will be able to tell you're a supernatural being unless you want to reveal it to them. 

You'll be slightly weaker during the day, but that's still much stronger than a human. The night is your natural habitat, however. You love it and you function much better during it.

The process of becoming a vampire is this. He has to feed on you and then you have to feed on him. Then he'll kill you(probably snap your neck), you'll revive sometime later in the night and you'll have to feed on another human to complete the process(this is the only one time that you absolutely have to feed - and straight from the source at that- or you'll die a permanent death).

If you choose to refuse him all he will do is wipe your memory clean and dissapear back in the darkness from which he came(floating towards your balcony).

If you accept, he will train you. There is more to it than meets the eye. Learning to use all of your supernatural abilities is very much fun and you can never refine them enough, you improve with age. Very old vampires can fly for lengthy periods of time, for example. You would be merely able to jump a little higher than you could before, at first. A several thousands years old vampire he once met could become invisible at will, mind control people and vampires alike(to a powerful extent, but not fully), turn day into night, but only for those in close proximity with him, and lots of other cool things that you are amazed to hear about.

So, which is it? What would you do in that scenario? Feel free to go into as much detail as you like.
RE: Thought experiment - Vampirism
Easy, I take the offer.  Killing numbskulls doesn't bother me now, it won't bother me then.  Besides, every animal has to eat at least once in awhile.   Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Impossible scenario. Vampires have to be invited in and I'm too introverted to answer the door at night. Give me something more realistic, like werewolves. They could get in here.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(October 8, 2016 at 10:36 am)Jesster Wrote: Impossible scenario. Vampires have to be invited in and I'm too introverted to answer the door at night. Give me something more realistic, like werewolves. They could get in here.

Not in my world, they don't. Tongue
I interact with them all the time. Skeeters, ticks, leeches, pin worm (only once). Never got anything from them (yet). They feed on me but I've never had to use them for food (yet). 

In society, I'm pretty invisible as it is. 

I see no over all benefit.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Knowing me, in all honesty? I'd probably zone out halfway through his explanation and miss the important detail about having to do it to somebody else and I'll just die.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I'd definitely take the offer.
(October 8, 2016 at 1:34 pm)Aegon Wrote: Knowing me, in all honesty? I'd probably zone out halfway through his explanation and miss the important detail about having to do it to somebody else and I'll just die.

He'll be there to help, don't worry.

I take care of my initiates.
I'd probably rip off another bong hit and laugh like Spicoli.

[Image: tumblr_mutlhlEAKU1qddfl9o1_500.gif]
Why not... you could be my Lestat EP Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 800 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  [Serious] A thought experiment... Gawdzilla Sama 12 970 October 22, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Thought On Oral Sex BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1679 September 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A thought on hummus, actually. Mr.Obvious 24 999 September 19, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1141 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A thought on Homosexuality Amarok 44 2797 September 19, 2018 at 1:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A thought on asexuality I_am_not_mafia 9 1082 September 18, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A thought on heterosexuality Foxaèr 6 842 September 18, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1133 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How would you respond? (A social experiment) Foxaèr 53 5736 March 24, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger