Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas at Atheist Forums
Christmas at Atheist Forums
Hey, I know you guys are largely atheists, but I am too and I love Christmas, as does Tibbers. Therefore, I imagine some of you do too, so hear me out.

Tibs, Evie and I were watching the Pats game and I mentioned to them that I thought a Secret Santa would be fun. It went over well until we realized quite a few of you would rather not be paired with others on the forum, as addresses would need to be exchanged. Tibby and I tried to think of something else you guys would like, but I came up short. Does anyone else have ideas?

Mind you, none of this has been discussed with staff, so there is no guarantee that anything at all will happen, we're just bored and throwing ideas out there.
RE: Christmas at Atheist Forums
I'd like to inspire all who come to AF to dedicate this Christmas day to personally doing their best to committing all 7 deadly sins.

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

So, don't let your vorlon down, and please report notable milestones in this endeavor on the 26th.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And to help plan your day, here are some ideas:

Lust - go get all horned up and boink a friend!
Gluttony - eat until you can't walk, extra credit for inducing vomiting to allow for more gorging comestibles
Greed - get all worked up over making sure you receive enough presents to sate your base and carnal desire for material wealth!
Sloth - easy enough to do after gorging yourself, go sleep it off, and then take a BIG poo !!
Wrath - obviously, anyone giving you a disappointing gift will have to pay a price, make a scene, let your friends and family know they need to try harder to placate you!
Envy - it's inevitable, you're going to find out somebody else got something that by all that is good and true should have wound up in your hands, make sure everyone knows about it!
Pride - wear your new bling proudly, don't shy away from broadcasting just how special you are and the proof is your stack of presents!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Blasphemer!!!

[j/k]I enjoy all the versions of the corny old carols and I probably play them too often around the holidays. The one thing I hate about xmas is all the dashing around trying to find gifts for everyone. Not really looking to add to the list but I'd be for it for something that doesn't require shopping.
Fuck you.

You're getting me something nice or you'll face my WRATH !!!

Tongue

(October 16, 2016 at 5:51 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I'd be for it for something that doesn't require shopping.

I can second that. I'm sure we'll think of something and it's no big deal if we don't. You made me think of something funny, though. We could choose a Christmas song usually sung by a choir, get a bunch of us to record ourselves singing it and mash it all together to create a monstrosity.
Dropping atheist tracts (is there such a thing?) in the Salvation Army kettles ?

I only know of tracts of land. Sorry. Tongue
Can we just piss on a fucking bible?  But only gluke and gmathew since they are the only two who even bother to tell a nativity story?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 690 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 844 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 670 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 710 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2731 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1639 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 337 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 789 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 468 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm
  Merry Christmas you old otter you no one 3 1042 December 7, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah