Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dubstep first attempt.
Dubstep first attempt.
This is my first dubstep prototype.

Made in Fl studio.

So far there's just the Intro (16 bars)  A section AKA breakdown (8 bars)  Riser, or buildup (8 bars)  Then a drop A and B section 16 bars altogether and a bit of something I put in because I need to do more research on the structure of dubstep beyond the drop and relate it to the feel of this song.

https://soundcloud.com/paulpablo-pablo/dubstepversion2

The mixing is probably way off but whatever.

Also, you have to remember the play button will never work with soundcloud links. If you want to hear the song you have to click on the two links there that say dubstepversion 2 or my name or whatevers there.

Just clicking the play logo won't work.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Dubstep first attempt.
If anyone's curious the total time I've spent on the track is about 15 days.  That time was also spent learning how to actually use FL studio, get the synths, watch the tutorial videos, get the right presets, sample packs so on and so forth.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

I like it, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really listen to dubstep much. Smile

Keep up the good work.
(October 29, 2016 at 11:44 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I like it, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really listen to dubstep much. Smile

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to listen to it even more then.

Sounds good, but it's kind of generic. Could use some personal touch. A guitar part, perhaps? Or at least some fx, ambience or vocal samples. All in all - not bad for a first attempt. On the other hand - dubstep's a bit played out at the moment. Might be a good idea to think in terms of expanding and evolving the genre.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Congrats, Sounds like the real deal, though still a bit plain at times. Looking forward to the next step. The plucked melody partly folliwing the baseline thing is very nice, though I'm not a fan of the particular instrument sample you use (guitar?). Reminds me a bit of the old tracker days when I used samples below their intended pitch. I'd prefer a good piano sound, but that's jzst my taste.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

see edit
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The sample is from the east west quantum leap packs, I picked the instrument django guitar. I have no idea what it is but I thought it sounded pretty dark and spooky.

Nice, I liked the track. Time to get that up on youtube with a stock pic of a sexy girl with headphones on and get some revenue!
For not knowing the software when you started, this is a great first effort. The wobbly bass synth in the first section is a little buried in the mix when compared to the kick. But getting the bass/kick to play nice is always a challenge. I would suggest using EQ on the kick and bass synth to notch out a unique frequency space for each. Then compress each to taste.

Like I said though, really good effort. Keep at it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Logan" is the first Marvel movie I'm interested in seeing since the first Avengers Aegon 30 4620 March 19, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Dubstep BrokenQuill92 10 1703 January 14, 2014 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Favorite DnB and DubStep HeyItsZeus 22 5209 October 14, 2011 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Napoléon