Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Newest Addition
Our Newest Addition
The blonde 3 year old who we have re-named Wilma to go along with 6 year old Fred. 

[Image: Fred_Wilma.jpg]
[/url]
[url=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/rschilla/media/Fred_Wilma.jpg.html]
We've had her since Monday and she was a nervous wreck at first.  Fred has been playing the big brother role to a tee and they get along great.  In just 3 days she has fit right in.
"The Power of the Pack" as the Dog Whisperer calls it.  Dogs are pack animals and they need other dogs.
RE: Our Newest Addition
I'm coming to steal one of them. And one of Whateverist's dogs..
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
They're adorable!

(I was going to say they're hot dogs, but I've already got a reputation I can't live up to as it is.)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
They look like a neat crew, Min.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
[Image: 1hyjiw.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

When she was first rescued - picked up from an owner who was keeping her and her black lab brother outside because one of the kids was suddenly "allergic" to them - (we hear that particular story all the time!) she was given to an older couple with 3 dogs which should have been perfect except one of the dogs was a 2 y/o German Shepherd who wanted to play constantly and wouldn't leave her alone.  She does need some time to settle in.  After a couple of days of being barked at non-stop the owners decided they couldn't control the Shepherd so we took her back.  The people who picked her up live close by and Stella, as she was originally known, was a basket case.  She had gone out in the back and was refusing to come in the house and it was getting cold.  I got a call to see if I could bring Fred over to entice her and he did his job perfectly.  As soon as she saw him she went right to him.  Then Fred went in and out of the house 3 times and the third time she followed him in.

It was apparent that she needed to be around a calm dog.  Fred and I went home.  I spoke to my wife and we decided to take her.  Even if the second group had calmed her down they are fosters only and would have moved her along to another family as soon as one could have been found.  She would have had to go through the settling in process all over again and we decided to short cut the procedure.
Aww, they look so sweet! Congrats on the new additions, Min! <3

(January 19, 2017 at 2:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When she was first rescued - picked up from an owner who was keeping her and her black lab brother outside because one of the kids was suddenly "allergic" to them - (we hear that particular story all the time!) she was given to an older couple with 3 dogs which should have been perfect except one of the dogs was a 2 y/o German Shepherd who wanted to play constantly and wouldn't leave her alone.  She does need some time to settle in.  After a couple of days of being barked at non-stop the owners decided they couldn't control the Shepherd so we took her back.  The people who picked her up live close by and Stella, as she was originally known, was a basket case.  She had gone out in the back and was refusing to come in the house and it was getting cold.  I got a call to see if I could bring Fred over to entice her and he did his job perfectly.  As soon as she saw him she went right to him.  Then Fred went in and out of the house 3 times and the third time she followed him in.

It was apparent that she needed to be around a calm dog.  Fred and I went home.  I spoke to my wife and we decided to take her.  Even if the second group had calmed her down they are fosters only and would have moved her along to another family as soon as one could have been found.  She would have had to go through the settling in process all over again and we decided to short cut the procedure.

Oh my.  Sad

Thank you for taking in a rescue animal.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
That's what Rescues do.

Fred is our illegal alien.  He surrendered to the Border Patrol down near Yuma a year and a half ago.  One of their patrols spotted him and decided to try and catch him.  Two guys got out of the van and he jumped in because unbeknownst to them riding in the car is his very favorite thing in the whole wide world.  Anyway, they got him back to the station, fed him and called us.  Two of our volunteers drove 3 hours to Yuma to pick him up.  And life suddenly got very easy for him.
(January 19, 2017 at 2:45 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That's what Rescues do.

Fred is our illegal alien.  He surrendered to the Border Patrol down near Yuma a year and a half ago.  One of their patrols spotted him and decided to try and catch him.  Two guys got out of the van and he jumped in because unbeknownst to them riding in the car is his very favorite thing in the whole wide world.  Anyway, they got him back to the station, fed him and called us.  Two of our volunteers drove 3 hours to Yuma to pick him up.  And life suddenly got very easy for him.

Thank you so much for doing this.  Heart
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 sends greetings to a fellow rescued pet!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.