Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The church has the moral high ground?
The church has the moral high ground?
Pastor runs naked from house when caught having a tryst with a married woman. BTW, the pastor is also married. 

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...1-09-21-52

This is a video apology? Sounds more like a justification.

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: The church has the moral high ground?
That 'apology' seems to be going all round the houses to say, 'Please let me keep my job where I don't have to actually DO anything'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 1, 2017 at 9:44 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Pastor runs naked from house when caught having a tryst with a married woman. BTW, the pastor is also married. 

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...1-09-21-52

This is a video apology? Sounds more like a justification.

As part of his religious studies he might have read the Jewish Babylonian Talmud Hagigah 27a which says that no rabbi can ever go to hell and thought that it applied to him since he's a pastor.
Well, only The One True Church would have any claim to the moral high ground, all the rest are fronting for SATAN.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My church is the best one.

Now give me 10% of your gross income before taxes. Remember, you steal from the church, you steal from god.
At least it was consensual with a married woman and not with some underage victim. Screw away, pastor, but don't take the moral highground any time soon.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
At least not the conservative moral high ground...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The only churches that occupy the high moral ground are those built on a place called 'Moral Hill'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The pastor knows deep down that the husband was the greatest threat. He is not running naked from any imaginary god.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The church has the moral low ground.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This has to be the most chilling thing he has done. Brian37 29 1658 September 8, 2020 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2358 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 10288 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Drug Executive: It's a moral requirement to charge patients the highest price Divinity 13 823 September 15, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting brewer 40 4680 August 5, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump tweets that oil prices are too high, prices per barrel drop Napoléon 13 2346 April 25, 2018 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Shooting at high school in Maryland. Multuple injuries reported. c172 38 3965 March 20, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  High school shooting in Parkland FL Joods 626 45887 March 15, 2018 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Consumer confidence hits 13-year high John V 70 14492 October 26, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tax Avoidance: Moral or Not? ukatheist 36 2586 November 18, 2016 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Whateverist