Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Trump dies in office?
What if Trump dies in office?
This is my nightmare scenario I thought of:

Trump does not like his new job. He is 70 years old and unless you believe his personal physician, he doesn't seem to be very healthy. I often like to think of Trump as a physical manifestation of everything people hate about Americans.

So it is more than likely that he could keel over from a heart attack. It is a nightmare scenario for me, because, men are almost deified after they die. I could see Pence and the GOP cronies using this as a "unifying" moment. If you read my other post about Pence becoming president, I am extremely concerned that he will call for a Constitutional Convention.

Am I being paranoid? Is any of this really that far out of the realm of possibility? If Pence became president, he would need only 2 of the 6 split State Legislatures to have the votes to enact Article V (Constitutional Convention) That is assuming that all 32 GOP held Legislatures signed on.

Other than just saying, "it probably won't happen" explain to me why the GOP in this scenario would not make an ultimate grab of power, and change the Constitution?
RE: What if Trump dies in office?
It could easily happen. It would be the best thing that could happen to the GOP at this point.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Nah, he's as deified as he's going to get.

In answer to the question posed in the title. I celebrate.
It's too bad there is no hell for him to burn in.
If he dies in office? My guess would be dancing in the streets and a worldwide party that would make 31 December 1999 look like a puppy's funeral.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 28, 2017 at 1:07 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If he dies in office? My guess would be dancing in the streets and a worldwide party that would make 31 December 1999 look like a puppy's funeral.

Boru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy8dUJEOqos

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 28, 2017 at 12:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's too bad there is no hell for him to burn in.

But there's a hell for everyone else to burn in. And it's called Pence.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Drinks will be on me.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 28, 2017 at 2:59 pm)Orochi Wrote:

You really want to celebrate Pence?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 983 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36697 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Another dick can't understand the oath of office.... Brian37 14 2719 March 12, 2018 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  The country is going down the shitter with Trump in office, but it's okay NuclearEnergy 7 1126 December 4, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Zbigniew Brzezinski dies at 89. c172 5 1377 May 27, 2017 at 10:17 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Nobody dies because they don't have access to health care. Jehanne 29 5977 May 11, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3073 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4028 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1640 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1268 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32