Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest religion ever?
Deadliest religion ever?
What do you think the deadliest/bloodiest religion in history was?
With the religious terrorism of this day, it seems many horrific things have been done in the name of religion.

It doesn't have to be a religion alive today, just some religion (historical and/or modern) that you consider to have been the most deadly.
Hail Satan!  Bow Down Diablo

RE: Deadliest religion ever?
(March 23, 2017 at 4:45 pm)TheAtheologian Wrote: What do you think the deadliest/bloodiest religion in history was?
With the religious terrorism of this day, it seems many horrific things have been done in the name of religion.

It doesn't have to be a religion alive today, just some religion (historical and/or modern) that you consider to have been the most deadly.

I think there's too many variables to consider.

If it was on sky 1 as a tv show "WHEN RELIGIONS GO WRONG 2!!!!!"

I'd guess the big 3 would have to go up there based on how long they've been around and the numbers of people who are alive today who are subject to death involving these religions.  Judiasm, Islam and Christianity.

But if you're looking at it in terms of complex statistics then you have to involve the ratio of violent believers vs non violent and so on and there's probably lots of totally violent psycho cults out there.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_religion

Quote:Human sacrifice was practiced on a grand scale throughout the Aztec empire, although the exact figures are unknown. At Tenochtitlán, the principal Aztec city, according to Ross Hassing "between 10,000 and 80,400 persons" were sacrificed over the course of four days for the dedication of the Great Pyramid in 1487

My bold.

Thank fuck this religion isn't as widespread as Christianity or Islam, lol.
Clearly, Wicca. No other religion has been responsible for so many terrible films.

Seriously, though, probably the Roman religion (the one of Julius Caesar, not the current one).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 23, 2017 at 5:04 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_religion

Quote:Human sacrifice was practiced on a grand scale throughout the Aztec empire, although the exact figures are unknown. At Tenochtitlán, the principal Aztec city, according to Ross Hassing "between 10,000 and 80,400 persons" were sacrificed over the course of four days for the dedication of the Great Pyramid in 1487

My bold.

Perhaps it should be revived.

I know of a lot of individuals from a number of religions who would be prime candidates for sacrifice...
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 23, 2017 at 5:29 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 23, 2017 at 5:04 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_religion

My bold.

Perhaps it should be revived.

I know of a lot of individuals from a number of religions who would be prime candidates for sacrifice...

I vote for you to be high priestess, in the event. Bring the scalpel.
(March 23, 2017 at 5:31 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(March 23, 2017 at 5:29 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Perhaps it should be revived.

I vote for you to be high priestess, in the event. Bring the scalpel.

I accept, though we don't want these "individuals" dying quickly, do we?

I'm thinking flint or obsidian knives.

I'll even do it wearing just a loincloth.

Big Grin
Can we all just say Abrahamic ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 23, 2017 at 5:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 23, 2017 at 5:31 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I vote for you to be high priestess, in the event. Bring the scalpel.

I accept, though we don't want these "individuals" dying quickly, do we?

Big Grin

If the ritual requires time, just avoid major arteries. You're a surgeon for fuck's sake! Surely you can figure out how to prolong the agony.

And loincloth? Nice of you to offer, but that's just standard high priestess garb.

Stiletto heels, on the other hand, are optional (but strongly encouraged).
(March 23, 2017 at 5:45 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(March 23, 2017 at 5:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I accept, though we don't want these "individuals" dying quickly, do we?

Big Grin

If the ritual requires time, just avoid major arteries. You're a surgeon for fuck's sake! Surely you can figure out how to prolong the agony.

And loincloth? Nice of you to offer, but that's just standard high priestess garb.

Stiletto heels, on the other hand, are optional (but strongly encouraged).

I know how to prolong agony, that's not a problem.  I was thinking of being somewhat traditional when it came to knives.

What, JUST stiletto heels?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why doesn't religion ever get a product recall? ignoramus 17 2884 February 22, 2017 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Has religion ever brought you happeniness? ComradeMeow 56 10224 January 1, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: camlov2019
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10722 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  List of people who have no interest in joining a religion, ever robvalue 97 11593 January 31, 2016 at 7:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4906 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19821 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49316 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5186 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Worst Argument For Religion You Have Ever Heard? CoolBoy 32 12656 August 5, 2010 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Thor