Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think that President Clinton Would Have Done This, Snowflakes?
Think that President Clinton Would Have Done This, Snowflakes?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/clima...ss&emc=rss

Quote:Trump Will Withdraw U.S. From Paris Climate Agreement

Quote:WASHINGTON — President Trump announced Thursday that he will withdraw the United States from participation in the Paris climate accord, weakening global efforts to combat climate change and siding with conservatives who argued that the landmark 2015 agreement was harming the economy.

Yep.  No difference between them at all.
RE: Think that President Clinton Would Have Done This, Snowflakes?
The first rule of negotiation is demonstrating a willingness to walk away from the deal. Trump will probably come back to the table but this time from a position of strength. That said, a treaty of this scope should go before the full Senate and not be the arbitrary decision of the President.
They should slam the door in his fucking ugly face.
People sometimes ask me for one silver lining regarding Trump.

I scraped at the bottom of the barel and found one: he's in his 70s so will hopefully be dead soon.

[Image: S01E06-9r1QMRdx-subtitled.jpg]

[Image: S01E06-tpeNE5nW.jpg]
What a fuckwit
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(June 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: The first rule of negotiation is demonstrating a willingness to walk away from the deal. Trump will probably come back to the table but this time from a position of strength. That said, a treaty of this scope should go before the full Senate and not be the arbitrary decision of the President.

What strength? Just like with Komrad Maybot walking away from the EU with no deal, Herr Obersturmbanngroppenfuhrer Drumpfuck walking away from the Paris accords essentially throws away all the power and influence his predecessors gained in the global warming international conferences and turns the leader of the many into a small one fighting against the many and its own best interests.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
"Breaking news, trump to negotiate better deal with climate on economic growth. *"

*Climate did not respond to outreach from this publication regarding what terms it was willing to negotiate with the president. .

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yep, Syria, Nicaragua, and 'Murrica. What a bloc we have to negotiate our way back in, Chad.

Yay fossil fuel lobby!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Maybe we can take our turn being the shithole that the devoloped world gets it's quiet, dirty energy from?  The people of rural appalachia have some experience in that regard.  Hell, it might even put actual human miners back to work..if we don't have to worry about whether or not we're killing those miners and the entire planet...-and- we don;t have to pay them as much as the operational cost of the mountaintop removal automation suite.  

Won't that be great?  Golly gee it'd be a swell negotiator that could make that deal a reality.  #MAGA!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 1, 2017 at 5:12 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Maybe we can take our turn being the shithole that the devoloped world gets it's quiet, dirty energy from?  The people of rural appalachia have some experience in that regard.  Hell, it might even put actual human miners back to work..if we don't have to worry about whether or not we're killing those miners and the entire planet...-and- we don;t have to pay them as much as the operational cost of the mountaintop removal automation suite.  

Won't that be great?  Golly gee it'd be a swell negotiator that could make that deal a reality.  #MAGA!

Good points all.  Here's a further one:  Trump seems to think (though he hasn't explicitly said so) that ignoring emissions protocols - like the Paris Accord - is somehow going to magically bring back the US coal industry.  I find it hard to believe that no one in his inner circle hasn't explained to him that the demise of coal is due more to market forces than emissions standards.  Even if he rolls back everything he can regarding environmental protection, the corporations that produce electricity still aren't going to start buying coal until and unless the price of natural gas rises to the point where burning coal is more profitable.

You'd think that a man who is always bleating on about his business acumen would be able to grasp the concept of profit and loss.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 5795 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  One of the Co-founders of Taliban,Likely to be Afghanistan New President WinterHold 134 13122 August 24, 2021 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  6% Of Americans Think They Would Win A Fight Against A Grizzly Bear BrianSoddingBoru4 25 844 May 17, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  This has to be the most chilling thing he has done. Brian37 29 1667 September 8, 2020 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  So, what is it that Trump should have done differently? Prof.Lunaphiles 109 6668 April 20, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  I think I have a crush on AOC bennyboy 25 4242 March 19, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  President "Hickenlooper?" Brian37 3 492 March 4, 2019 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING:The Turkish president refused to accept the U.S National Security Advisor WinterHold 1 444 January 9, 2019 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  President Bush The Smarter Has Passed Away Minimalist 101 5587 December 5, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Hillary Clinton - They ( black men) All look alike. onlinebiker 69 7654 November 3, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU