Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea Backs Down
North Korea Backs Down
Just as I thought they would.  Kim backs down.

Quote:North Korea is backing off a threat to fire missiles at the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, according to a new report.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said he had decided not to launch an attack but warned he could change his mind.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/346566...eat-report
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: North Korea Backs Down
Well yeah, NK's been threatening all sorts of this shit before and they've always just fizzled out. I was talking to a buddy of mine who's US soldier stationed in South Korea the other day, and he said he was bemused by all the crazy questions he was getting from folks back here - like 'are you afraid for your life?' 'when do you think you'll start combat?', etc.... when the biggest concern on his mind was how he was going to deal with PT the next day since he had a cold.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
He's such a troll
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(August 15, 2017 at 2:19 pm)A Theist Wrote: Just as I thought they would.  Kim backs down.

Quote:North Korea is backing off a threat to fire missiles at the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, according to a new report.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said he had decided not to launch an attack but warned he could change his mind.

No kidding, and that is what that family has always done, which is why nobody today can give me any good alternative that 45 could claim he could do that the presidents of the past 50 years of BOTH parties have not tried.

But please do not post this as 45 deserving any credit. I'd place that more on his baby sitters pulling him aside and bitch slapping him behind closed doors.
(August 15, 2017 at 2:25 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He's such a troll

^^^

He's been making idle, toothless threats since he gained power.

Doesn't surprise me.
(August 15, 2017 at 2:19 pm)A Theist Wrote: Just as I thought they would.  Kim backs down.

I have a beautiful bridge for you to buy.  20% off because I like you.

Let's see, their ultimate goal is regime survival.  Their method is nuclear deterrent.   They can't give a rat's ass about Guam.  Threatening Guam is just a convenient way for them to reinforce to the world that they are verging on being able to hit the US and thus have a credible deterrent.

Our ultimate goal is probably regime change,  our method is through preventing them from getting an effective nuclear deterrent.  We've had Guam for 120 years.

So  where does their backing down get us?

They keep their nuclear deterrent.  No regime change in sight.  They promise not to attack what they don't give a rat's ass about.  We manage to get them to affirm they will not attack, for now, what they don't care about and we've already had anyway for 120 years, thus confirming for the world what Kim wants the world to know, which Kim can attack the US, and only agreed, as if his agreement is a valuable and reliable thing, to abstain from doing so.  

The argument shifted from what he cared about - his nuclear deterrent - to what he doesn't care about, Guam.  He gives up on threatening Guam now, we give up on preventing him from having the permanent ability to threaten Guam, Hawaii, and then the continental United States.

Yeah, we won.  A few more victories like this and they might even promise not to nuke the Washington monument.

There was always almost nothing we could have done to prevent them from consolidating and expanding their nuclear deterrent.   But the tantrum we threw is absolute own goal, because it made our powerlessness, and our futile frustration at our powerlessness, the headline news everywhere in the world.

Just as people say, it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people suspect you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, so it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your are powerless, than to throw a ineffectual tantrum and remove all doubt.
(August 15, 2017 at 2:46 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(August 15, 2017 at 2:25 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He's such a troll

^^^

Doesn't surprise me.

I always like to imagine what kind of weird sexual fetishes he has. I'm sure he's got all sorts of creepy kinks.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(August 15, 2017 at 2:54 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(August 15, 2017 at 2:46 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: ^^^

Doesn't surprise me.

I always like to imagine what kind of weird sexual fetishes he has. I'm sure he's got all sorts of creepy kinks.

LOL, I'm trying to eat my lunch. That thought is gonna ruin my appetite.
(August 15, 2017 at 2:35 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

No kidding, and that is what that family has always done, which is why nobody today can give me any good alternative that 45 could claim he could do that the presidents of the past 50 years of BOTH parties have not tried.

But please do not post this as 45 deserving any credit. I'd place that more on his baby sitters pulling him aside and bitch slapping him behind closed doors.

How about this angle:

45 rattled the 'sword' Obama left him (no Trump initiative has got funding yet) and it worked.  The Obama military (8 years worth) was up to the challenge.

Yea Obama !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I bet he gets off on sniffing women's dirty/worn panties.

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 748 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1175 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2420 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by. Gawdzilla Sama 97 5453 July 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1473 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2154 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 572 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1764 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  ACA Struck down by TX federal judge. brewer 33 4175 December 18, 2018 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Amarok
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 3009 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama